Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    i wonder if anyone knows if something like this is possible in flash. i dont want to do it with animated gifs because that would make the page too hard to load, but i was wondering if there was some action in flash that could do something like this, without having to paste a new image into every new frame. something that might do it automatically?

its kinda hard to explain.. it just crossed my mind that it would be so cool if i could get the whole page to constantly change colours, along the hue line.

if you dont get what i mean, heres a, um, movie file. 900k:
    http://www.yun0.net/stuff/page_changing_colours.MOV

any ideas how to do something like that, while making the file/s as small as possible?

Englandshire, United Kingdomsville y'all!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    You could do this with a 1 x 1 animated gif and CSS. It would load as good as immediately and still work on machines with JS disabled.

One question though. Do you really hate you visitors that much?

Member #
    If I were a usability expert, I would be angry at you.. But since I'm not I'll just stare and laugh! JK.. It would definitely be interesting to see if you could pull it off and not completely butcher it.. Not many can ..
    www.controlalternate.com - Web resources and free templates. www.chaosconcepts.net - Custom web and graphic design.
    www.blog.chaosconcepts.net - My Blog

Member #
    oh come on its not a serious site, :P its a site for a club night and it has to be flashy and dark and a bit mad, and you may think it would hurt your eyes to look at it, but it really doesnt (when i do it in photoshop). if the colour changes are slow and smooth, not jumpy, its not as annoying as you'd think at all.

the places where the text is would be steady black, and easy to read. its just the stuff around....

aaanyway......... mossoi : im not sure what you mean by:

You could do this with a 1 x 1 animated gif and CSS. It would load as good as immediately and still work on machines with JS disabled.

i would still need at least 50 frames in an image to get the colour changes to be smooth and gradual.. no?

Member #
    poo... i just tried it in flash by inserting a new image into every new frame, it came to about 36 frames, and its not as smooth as i wanted it, and the file is HAR-HAR 4MB.

i need a different solution, if there is one. im interested in hearing more about the deal with css that mossoi mentioned?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Ok. Take a look at this, not smooth at all but only 50 frames over 5 seconds - http://lobsterweb.com/dev/zap.php

File size, 1.4kb.

Member #
    okay thats interesting... how is it done?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Very easily - take a look at the source code of that page - particularly the style="....." part of the div. The image is a 1px x 1px adnimated gif, hence it's tiny, repeated as the background for the whole div.

Here's something that assaults the eyes EVEN more and still with a total size of less than 4kb for both the animations and the page itself.

http://lobsterweb.com/dev/zap2.php

Member #
    ah i see what you mean. you mean its a 1x1 px image stretched.

its not quite what i had in mind, i would need to simplify the layout A LOT, too much really, to use that kind of thing... dont think there would be much sense in chopping something like this kind of layout (thats just a quick test image, not the actual thing!! and its all jerky and im not happy with the smoothness...) into various animated pieces, cos the complex bits with stripes and stuff on them would still need to be real sized images...and as they wouldnt load at the same time as the small ones, they might not be synchronized... i dunno...

maybe i could try, but i think it would be too complicated and wouldnt really work... i dunno really..

anyway thanks for the info.....maybe ill use it on something else.

i was just really wondering if anyone knew if there was an option in flash or with javascript or anything like that, to make an image change colour hue automatically..

if not then nevermind i guess....

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It's not a stretched image, it's repeating the image as the background for any div (container) on the site and text or images can easily be placed over the top.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads