Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Batch resizing

Member #
    Hi everybody, i have question about batch processing. I need to resize some files and i want it to rename as an incrementing 3 digit number, but i want it to start at 200, not 001. How can i do this?

In photoshop 7

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The renaming I'm not sure about.

To batch process, first you have to make an action. Then you go to batch processing and select the action you just made, and then all the files you want it to do it to.
    Brian : This must be the physics department.
    Chris : That explains all the gravity.

Member #
    In PS7, when you batch process, you have six fields in which you can define the new file name (the last one should be an extension). Numerical progression from one digit to four digits is an option for EACH. I cannot answer your question directly, BUT, I can say this... you can start numbering at 201 by typing 2 into the first field and doing a two-digit progression. It will add 1 each time though (don't know how to change it to three). The problem is that the 2 is static, so if your batch has more than 99 items, that would not work. Maybe there's a syntax for start at 200 and add 3 to each new file name, but I'm not sure if it exists or where to find it.

Good luck.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Remove Ads