Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Greetings,
    I followed the below directions untill I got to: Modify->. But under that menu, "transparent Color" doesn't exist.
    This is Version 9 ot the program. Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks,
    Jack

1.Open or create the image you wish to add transparency to. Now, use the Eye Dropper tool to select the color from your image which will be used for the transparency (do this by right clicking on the portion of your image where the particular color is located).

2. Now, press CRTL+A to select all and then choose Selections->Modify->Transparent Color and set it to Background color and Tolerance 0.

3. Now go to Color->Decrease Color Depth->256 Colors and use the settings below:
    1)Optimized Median Cut
    2)Nearest Color
    and click OK.

4. Next, go to Colors->Set Palette Transparency... see below and click ok (if you want to test the transparency, click the proof button).

Englandshire, United Kingdomsville y'all!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Not sure about the differences in versions so this might not be any help but I use Paint Shop Pro 7 and step 2 is Colors -> Set Palette Transparency. It's pretty self explanatory from there.

Member #
    Thanks Mossoi,
    Is that version available?
    Yeah, I can understand wanting to improve programs but many times its just some geek or bean counter wanting to tinker with something!

Regards,
    Jack

Englandshire, United Kingdomsville y'all!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It is available and pretty cheap now: http://www.computrolley.co.uk/products.php?category=3&engine=adwords!2011&keywor d=Paint+Shop+Pro+7&match_type=

Although if you've already got version 9 it's probably worth persevering with finding this setting as it must be similar to previous versions.

Remove Ads