Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Does anyone know if this is possible?

Basically I've got a company logo as a bitmap. When I scale this down to the size I need it becomes a bit blurred and messy. So I thought the best way to get around this (bearing in mind that it's just plain blue on a white backround) would be to create a vector 'tracing' of the bitmap, fill the tracing with blue on a white backround and I'll then have a nice vector version of the same image which should, in theory, scale up and down much better.

As it's only two colours it's very easy to select the parts of the blue logo using the magic wand. But I just CANNOT work out how to convert this selection to a vector. I'm very new to Fireworks bit I'm sure I've done this before and it's driving me nuts! :ichatangry:

Any help would be appreciated.

Tom.

Member #
    Can you provide a link to the logo in question, or upload it here as an attachment?

It's not exactly an answer to your question as such, but the way I would go around converting a bitmap logo into vector format would be to import the logo into Fireworks (or whatever software you're using)and lock it off on its own layer. From there create a new layer on top and use the pen tool to trace the shapes, letter forms etc.

Member #
    Fireworks?!?!

Last time I used fireworks, it was a bitmap program. Am I wrong? If not... Use graphic software for vectors. Many vector programs, Illustrator and Flash for sure, and probably Freehand as well, have a trace bitmap option.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Remove Ads