Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    hi im making a flash movie that will be plonked into part of my website. i want to use a background image for the movie. however the image im using has white bits round the edge. i know you can edit the image to get rid of any excess border and just have the image left itself (hope this makes sense) basically the white bits round the edge make the rest of the site sloppy as they are on a different colour background. erm, ive attached the image in question, hopefully someone could take a look and tell me how to trim it? i tried using "magic wand" tools but i got in a muddle. sorry this sounds really sad but ive not had much experience with graphics. thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    you could carefully mask it out in Flash. it's not a very complex image so it shouldn't take alot of time.

the other solution would be a Gif with a transparent background or a PNG with an alpha channel, but i'm not sure if Flash recognizes those.

Remove Ads