Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have a client who wants to be able to update images on her site easily without knowing HTML. Can I design a site in Photoshop/ImageReady so she can open the pages in those programs and put new images and link them? She doesn't want to be "dependent" on me (pay more...) to update her site. Help...

Member #
    Ok, technically, yes. The slice palette in ImageReady allows you to set a url, so she'll have everything she needs in order to do it herself. However, she has to at least understand how to set up her images in an images folder and make all the connections within the directories of her site, and how to update the html file. But, this is easier said than done. If you've ever tried to teach someone who knows nothing about html how to update a site, you'll understand what I'm talking about.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    You made the exact same post in the "Starting Out" forum. Kinda silly. And check my reply in that forum, you need a CMS!
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    Technically if she only wants to change images then you don't. You could provide her with the sliced .psd and give her information regarding the ftp. All she would need to do is have some very basic understanding of photoshop and swap the images around and upload.
    TALKFREELANCE.COM

Over 1,700 members and growing!

Member #
    Thanks peoples!!! Very good advice.
    Sorry I know I posted a similar thread in another forum but it's because I'm trying to explore two different ways to solve the same thing. and also i guess because I am not too experienced in forum etiquette...
    So basically if I do it in Photoshop and she wants links to her small images she still needs to understand some HTML? The site she made is
    http://www.efraindejesus.com/ and I am redesigning it with the same basic gist.

Remove Ads