Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    SoD
    Member #
    okay so ive made the site and a logo to go with it. my only problem is that i dont like the current logo. i want to make a new one but dont know what it sould look like or if i sould make it in flash, jpeg, or gif. The logo is going to be for my souls of destiny site. its a gaming/clan website and i want fallow the theme of the rest of the site but not go overbourd either. any ideas?

current logo can be viewd here
    [±‡`'*^~-.,Eddy,.-~^*'´†±]
    I hover not above nor below but between the two realms of life and death.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Logo design is one of those things you can't just "learn" to do in a night. Logo design and illustration are more art and drawing based, so most good logo designers have taken classes in art, graphic design and illustration.

In other words: There's no magical formula. You can't just say keep it clean and stick to small details - it's all in the idea. So, I'd reccomend sitting down with a sketchbook until you get some good ideas.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

SoD
    Member #
    ya ive done that before i was just wondering if there was a better way but guess not
    [±‡`'*^~-.,Eddy,.-~^*'´†±]
    I hover not above nor below but between the two realms of life and death.

Member #
    I suggest looking through publications on logo design.
    or type in LOGO design into google and see what you get.
    You need to see what you like and then go in that direction.
    You also need to be good at some graphical programs to do something
    different. Right now you dont have a logo, you have some basic text.
    Anything good takes research and several attempts. good luck

Member #
    the best way to create a logo is to think up something original...and yes, that would mean sitting down with your sketchbook...you might want to stick to gif if you want it to be animated...but flash is great if you like your animation to be high quality...jpeg is good for high quality still images, but it takes time to load it.
    WebDevil Surfs the Web
    :alien: Web Designs Provider :alien:
    "You haven't failed until you give up."

Member #
    I studied art and graphic design. Logos are very hard I think the best method I found was to think of an image that represents your business. Lets imagine it's a car. Then simlify the image as much as possible up to the point where someone can still look at it and say "hmmmm thats a car isnt it?" Try different ideas and when you have the final shape you want to think about colours which is another story as you need to know about warm colours and contrasts etc.
    Anyway once you get the final shape you could build onto it or simply add your shape into abstracts or other images or add text etc.
    Also when simplifying you need to remember that lines show expressions, such as a line curving upwards like a smile shows happiness and a thin line getting fatter at an angle shows speed.
    hope that helped.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I haven't posted in almost half a year here. Good to be back.

I have two ideas for your creation struggles:
    1. solid color logo
    2. colorful graphic art

1. Figure out how souls and destiny can be displayed in solid color. Maybe use the acronym SoD. And draw the text on a sketchpad to later make a vector of.
    2. Make a header of a particle-like ethereal sort of image doohicky. Create a visual of souls somehow and use your solid color (white probably) SoD on the left hand side.
    3. If no SoD logo, then have text that says Sould of destiny. I would use the warcraft fonts.

You should be able to find the warcraft font. Good luck.
    Cheers, zionlocke :chinese:
    Links: Zion Creation | Blog

Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    Welcome back! It's only been 3 months though
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    nice

hay sod. try consentrating on the typography. most logos consist of a mark ie nike, typography or a mix of the 2. try mixing the name souls of destiny with maybe some element from the illustrations and see what you come up with. try working b/w first then add color.

GE
    I am the original Ghetto Elvis™

Member #
    Look up at the top of this screen it says in the add onsite logomaker might not hurt to take a look

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads