Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: pictures

Member #
    hi i have a load of picures that i would like to put on my website. but i dont know how to arrnage them all on a page so that they all apear small and which ever one people want to look at they can click on and it gets bigger or gets bigger in another page. i rather if i could use a software to do it for e rather than have to do it through coding. i basicly want to make a picture gallery. doese anyone know of an easy way which i can do this with.

thanks alot

from sepand.

Member #
    The easiest way to do it, but maybe the dumbest, is make the images smaller on one page, and create a whole new web page to display them large.

I don't know if this will work or not, but you could make the link link to the file of the image...that might work.

I'm not really sure, though...sorry. :ichatnervous:
    I have seen your future, and I have learned
    There will be no more Sadness. No more Anger. No more Envy.
    I HAVE WON!!!!

Member #
    You could make them as thumbnails and set the target to _blank so that when you link the thumbnail version to the original version, the large version will load in a new page.
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    ok, how do u set up a thumbnail. what do i do. And is it possible to do it through dreamweaver.

Member #
    you dont have to cram it all in a page, especially in the main page. jeffreylu is right. you could set up small pictures in a page, then another page for large versions of those. that way, readers wont get overwhelmed by them.

Member #
    the main page should appear like an introduction to another page where the readers will be able to see the full details of your pictures. like they said, its ok to put smaller pics on the front page to arouse interest...

Member #
    i do believe that photoshop will do that for you just go to create gallery.
    if unsure on this then go to the help files in photoshop and serach for gallery creation

hope this helps..

Remove Ads