Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Stock photographs

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Stock photograph CDs

I was just wondering where you guys get your stock photos from. I'm looking for a CD (or CDs) with decent collections of photos (I'd say between 400-500) that aren't from any specific genre and have little to no backgrounds to them so that I can easily manipulate them. I'm tired of trying to look for an image for three or four hours then spending two manipulating it for what amounts to a 100x80 area.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Here is a site I used to buy a CD of photos for a project I needed a few months ago. This site buys and sells Corel Photo CDs. My understanding is that these CD's are out of print, but the images are awesome. These CD's and similar CD's sell for a few hundred dollars, but I bought a CD full of images of Boston for $40. May not be exactly what you're lookin for Game, but it's a good resource.

The site lacks in design, and their ordering system asks you to email them your CC#. I called them and gave them the number, and the CD was at my door 3 days later. I guess I should say that this is a good resource for those on a limited budget. Bottom line, I have 100 images to use in commercial projects, for $40

Edit: Since I have ordered from them, they appear to now accept paypal too.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    I used to like http://www.eyewire.com, but they went out of biz. I think someone bought them, though... click the link and find out :-P

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Here's a photo collection that I like a lot:

http://creative.gettyimages.com/sour...C9%2C4%2C6%2C1

It's specifically teens and young adults, but it's got no background... i'm sure you can find somehting like that for what you need

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    That's kind of the right idea, but it's a little more than what i wanted to spend, especially considering that I know that I don't necessarily have to.

I guess it would help if I explained using an example. If you visit http://www.gograph.com , the photos and art there generally run between $3-$10 US (some of them are a bit more money but for what i intend to do with them, it's not worth paying for in my humblest of humble opinions. The problem that I have, as those of you who will find the EULA will see, is that these guys require a link back to the licence for the image and that they won't allow me to use the pics for clients (which I would normally just ignore anyway but lately I have to be careful with stuff like that, since a client of mine got in trouble with a supplier for using the supplier logo without written permission). So what I'm thinking of doing is either buying pics as I need them, downloading them to a new directory on my HD and then burning them, or buying a CD of 100-150 images for around the $100-$150 range, knwoing I'll probably only use 10-15 of them. I'm thinking if I can find a site with a decent licencing arrangement, the former is the better way to go, but I'm not sure.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Hi, i can tell you a couple of links to sites with free stock photography.. if you want..
    mostly of these photos not are at full quality like gettyimage.com, but are really good. Specially for web design instead printed one.

Well if you want, contact me..

Cheers...

Member #
    Could you post some of these links for everyone to check out? I'm interested in them, as I'm sure others are

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Yes, could you please do so? I do appreciate the offer of a private message, but I'm sure it would benefit others besides myself, and that's what we're all about here.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Uhhh...damn! That's quite the list!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads