Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey all,
    I had to make this cereal box front as a project for my Desktop Publishing class. I was wanting some opinions and critique before I turned it in for a grade. I thought this was pretty neat, IMO. Thanks all!

Link to Image:Cereal Box
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    Looks cool. I think you have too many things in the spoon though. You get a good representation of what they are by what is in the bowl........all the stuff in the spoon is overkill, I think.

Maybe put the text with the Vitamin B, in the box and not overlapping outside of it? Or make the box smaller and have the text overflow out of it........either way will look good, something just doesn't look good about that piece now.

And what is up with Ringo's chin/face? Couldn't find a more full figured face or cut it out better?

I'd give this a 8/10 though, pretty cool.
    GMan

Member #
    Thanks, but the spoon was a requisite. Also, what part of Ringo's face are you talking about? I don't understand what you're saying ;] This was a group photo, which was what I was looking for because the skin tint and coloring would easily be the same. Im glad to see some critiques though!
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    I'm not saying the spoon is not a good feature. You have 3 faces, a guitar, a yellow submarine and an alligator all in the spoon........along with the cereal bits.
    Maybe you should put only 1 or 2 faces and maybe cut back on the alligator or guitar.
    There is just A LOT going on in that spoon to make it an effective part of the design.

The other thing is and maybe I'm the only one seeing it. Everyone has a full face, jaw line, face, etc........Ringo is almost cut off in a straight line. Nobody has a face line that looks like that.
    I understand about the skin tones and coloring, but if you cropped out the faces, maybe you can add more "face" to Ringo. It just looks like a straight line, which in turn makes it look like it was cut out poorly.
    It could also be that his jaw line is against a white background which makes it stand out more?
    GMan

Member #
    Well here's the original picture from where I cut out their faces...Ringo's jaw line is pretty straight and sharp: http://www.galeon.com/allmusic/carat...For_Sale-f.jpg
    --Kevin

Member #
    I understand that, but it also backs up my point. His face is like that because he was wearing a very large turtleneck sweater.
    I know that is the photo you used and I understand that is what you had to work with.........but in the context of his clothing it is fine.
    When trying to edit it though it looks odd/out of place with just a straight jawline......mainly because there is no neck showing the actual outlline of his face.
    His jawline is only straight and sharp because of the sweater covering his neck and part of his face.
    GMan

Remove Ads