Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    im looking to purchase stock images for wwf or wwe images. I dont want poster or anything. Im putting a site together and I dont want to use any copyrighted material. Does anyone know where I can purchase these photos?

Member #
    Well, seeing that the WWE/WWF is really just a business, I'm gonna guess that you'd have to go to them for such material. The material on their website is prohibited for use on commerical and non-commercial sites, so it seems like they have a pretty tight grip on their trademarks.

Anyone who displays, reproduces, copies, creates derivative works or sells our textual, photographic, video or audiovisual programs for commercial or non-commercial purposes without permission from WWE violates the copyright laws and is liable for copyright infringement.
    From the Terms of Use on their homepage. Seems like even if you find pictures on other sites, you can't use them, because it's the WWE's trademark, and you need their permission to display it. Kinda makes making a fan page a little difficult. :disappointed:

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    If you really wanted, grab a digital SLR camera and go to a match...they can't do much about that
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Usually things that have a huge fan base have certain fan packs for downloading. They usually have fan based site approved pics and the like.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I think this page brings to light a little more of the situation. WHAT? Provides clarity. WHAT? Gives a better understanding. WHAT? I am trying VERY hard to maintain my composure.

http://www.wwe.com/help/copyright/

Down at the bottom, they have an email address you can contact: permission@wwe.com . If I were you, I'd contact them via email, show them your site and what you intend to use the pics for, and ask nicely. They do allow pictures to be used on fan sites and things of that nature as long as it's not someone out to make a quick buck. So to whoever thought that you couldn't get the pics...WUSSUPWITDAT?

* strikes a Hurripose *

Now it's time for me to resume my MFing duties as a Moore-on.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    I didn't mean to make it sound impossible to use WWE pictures, just that they make it a little more difficult than one would expect. If you do email that address asking for permission mbatalha, let us know how they respond

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Sorry, but I gotta raise the question:

Why would you want 'em?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    He's Gillberg's #1 fan and wants all the pics and sparkler pyro too.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads