Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey...

I found a great QuickTime movie (over at iStockhoto) that would work great in a new web site home page I'm designing. Trouble is...I wanted to embed the movie so that it appears on the screen without the QuickTime player...with just the movie itself showing (as that would work the best w/ my page design concept.)

Then someone told me that the only movie format on earth that can do this (movie only...no player...no controls) is Flash.

...so...

...#1) Is this true?

#2) If it is, that's great...'cause I have Flash. So...I would bring the QuickTime movie into Flash...save it as a Flash movie...upload it to my server...& then...how would I code it into a div on a page so that it's all by itself?

Thanks very much,

mark4man

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    You have two options when importing a video into Flash:
    1. Embed the video in the movie as a Library object, or
    2. Convert the video to Flash Video (FLV) and embed a Flash Video Player component in your timeline

The second option is only available on Flash 8 or later.

Either way, just open up Flash, select File->Import, and select your MOV, and follow the steps of the wizard.

To publish to the web, hit Ctrl+Shift+F12 to define how to output your SWF and HTML.

Member #
    I recommend flash as well. It takes up less resources and the page wll open up quicker. What also helpos is if your web host has streaming vid option for ya.

Member #
    guys...

Thanks...will implement...but how do I code it in so that only the movie itself is seen?

Thanks again,

mark4man

Remove Ads