Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Animated text

Member #
    How do I get text to animate or flash? I use Fireworks and some Photoshop.

The effect I'm looking for is for the text to flash change color either horizontally or vertically.

Member #
    Have you seen any examples of what you are shooting for?

Member #
    I have seen one or two but can't locate them. The effect I'm lookng for is like idf someone was to shine a flashlight onto the text (if it were a mirror) kind of effect but movement in one direction. I'll keep trying to find an example.....

Banned
    Member #
    If you want only to change the color of the text from side to side you shoul use flash only. Or you could create two images in photoshop - same text diferent colors - go to flash then and use mask on one layer. That's it. If you need step by step instructions give me a shout.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ripewebdesign
    If you want only to change the color of the text from side to side you shoul use flash only. Or you could create two images in photoshop - same text diferent colors - go to flash then and use mask on one layer. That's it. If you need step by step instructions give me a shout.
    I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to that aspect of graphics. If you could provide some instruction on tht action step by steo I would appreicate it!

my email addy is eagle1@shaw.ca

Thank-you very much!!!

Member #
    Hey there,

You could make an animated gif using ImageReady to accomplish this using layers and animated frame by frame.

Otherwise you could do it in FLASH. An easy program to use to make flash files like that is called Swish.

Member #
    the easy and quick way to do it is by using flash otherwise it will be a little complicated while doing that in other ways ..... in flash make layers and also give a mask to that typical layer ... hope that will statisfy you .....

Member #
    Just make an animated gif in Photoshop CS4. There are lots of tutorials on youtube on how to do this. Very easy.

Remove Ads