Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I am aware that you can align left, center and right. However these often do not do when I am distributing layers of different widths.

Is there an easy way to distribute layers to create an even gap between each of layers?

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Hmm .... I'm confused here?!! Probably not the only one since none else replied :laugh:

Could you maybe re-phrase that?! Or show us an example?
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    OK. There is a menu with 3 items.

Design Your Computer!
    Home
    Guarantees

If you try to distribute just these 2 layers using the simple left right horizontal center buttons which are part of the move tool then it will not correctly distribute the layers. Infact more often a menu will show up something like this.

Distribute Left Centers comes with something like this
    Home--------Design Your Computer-Guarantees

Distribute Right Centers comes with something like this
    Home-Design Your Computer--------Guarantees

Distribute Right Centers comes with something like this
    Home-------Design Your Computer--------Guarantees
    (which isn't far off but if the "Design Your Computer" was on the left or right then it would work out like the above 2.)

The gaps between each of the layers are different because each layer is of a different width. If you distribute using left, middle or right centers then it will still come up uneven.

I just wanted to know if there was a button which could work out the width between the 2 outer layers, the width of all of the menu items combined. Then subtract the two and devide it to make the gaps the even between each item.

Just a quick way to correctly distribute menu items without having to manually work out widths and tweak accordingly.

Remove Ads