Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Techdrive Logo

Member #
    Hi I would like suggestions to make this logo more web 2.0ish and as relevant to the name Techdrive as possible.

Your help is appreciated and wanted

Thanks

I have just used Inkscape to create a one but I know more about photoshop so I will probably do the end design in Photoshop.

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/9...enshot1ka4.png

Member #
    It's quite plain, and if your website is white, like the logo, I would try to add a little more color to it.
    Otherwise, it's a nice concept.
    (As a sidenote: is there really a style for Web 2.0?)

[100th post!!]
    I WILL rule the world someday.
    My Blog!!!
    Check out the Leviathan Chronicles

Member #
    Thanks for your comment.

No there isnt really a web 2.0 style - Mainly bold and simple looking like the Youtube logo is what I meant.

I have not chosen the color scheme I want to base it around the logo's color.

What color and style do you guys think would be best for the Techdrive site?

The website is going to be about software reviews and guides on how to do stuff.

Member #
    The lines are far too thin to be anything practical (or even web 2.0-ish). If they could be bolder, they could be more effective. Remember also that logo elements should contribute to meaning, not just aesthetics. The box around the You in Youtube separates the two words in a new manner (usually done by titlecase), for example. Give the lines some meaning of sort.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    Thanks for your input the lines purpose was to look like an overdrive but obviously it doesn't and I didn't want to make it too outstanding. I was wondering about having tech=green and drive=orange with red streaks but Im not too sure how it would go.

What are your thoughts about this? The trouble is the logo will probably be printed on shirts so I would want something to stand out amongst the crowd.

Remove Ads