Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi all

I have created a web page in Fireworks MX2004 and need to export it to Dreamweaver in order to edit certain text blocks.

I have read up on some tutorial about inserting slices and it mentions that I should be able to insert a placeholder.

I have checked through the entire Fireworks and unable to locate this tool.

It says that it should be under Windows - Object Placeholder.

There is no Placeholder tool available.

Do I slice the entire page into smaller slices or only the place where I need to edit the content?

Desperately need help here

Cheers

Member #
    Or better yet, don't slice at all. It's an art to learn about which areas of your page to extract and tile, and which to simply use CSS on to obtain layout.

It will be difficult and heavy to construct websites through slicing. Trust me.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    Thanks for the reply, much appreciated

Member #
    You're very welcome. If you want help, you can attach your layout here and we can give you samples of how you should split your site into DIVs.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    Hi Steax

I know its a bit top heavy, have to probably break down and optimize graphics.

http://pro-netmarketing.co.uk/index.php

Still under build.

But, any help will be most welcome.

Cheers

Member #
    Umm, can you just give the original image? This method of slicing isn't recommended because it rarely produces good results (check almost any popular site, 99% won't use slices). Do you know HTML and CSS?

Remove Ads