Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: logo crit

Member #
    working on some ideas for a new logo. really just stuck up a solid font for my current port (see link in footer) but i'm trying a few new ideas. let me know your thoughts.

trying to go with a strong font, but sorta funky

edi: just realised that my domain is offline so the 2nd two attached images are the current logo thangs
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    To my untrained eye, I like the first one in bold quite a bit. However, it does bleed together a little too much (just a little) or that might just be due to the small size.

Member #
    I like the 3rd one, in the first group. My only beef is that there is almost no distinction between the U and the L. I was mid-post telling you that you have a typo when I noticed that the small little tail to the right must be the L.

Member #
    I don't think any of these are the right font, try some others. The curly "u" is too contrived, and doesn't read well. All of them can use a little more kerning, though clearly you're trying to put everything close. That's why I don't think you've found the right font. The last one is closest in regards to font, but the inverse isn't doing anything other than throwing me off balance; the white space is uneven (and here of course the white space is black ).

A personal preference of mine is to create a logo in black+white. Then I add color after I have the shape down.

PS Not sure if your server is down or your link is incorrect, but I got a 404 from the link in your sig.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    the kerning was very rushed. thought that the typography would suit a tight fit myself. only worked with two colors (i do usually follow your ideas DCSene and keep it simple) however the colors were need to increase any legibility.

going to polish and refine some of the ideas an dpost back.

thanks

Member #
    The 3rd one looks good
    simple
    powerful
    vizible
    Cratima helps you build your company website.
    Visit us: www.cratima.com
    International Web Design

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I like the second one personally.

Remove Ads