Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I decided to start building my own webpage....a forum mostly
    i got the forum up and going but the thing the address is xtremescion.com/forum... leaving xtremescion.com an open page which i need to put my front page on....can someone help me im so lost i ve tried everything. it is a flash file..i have an .smf and i saved it .html as well...

Member #
    Welcome wanderlust.

The solution is fairly simple, you (or someone) would have uploaded the forum and its subsequent files to the folder forum.

What you have to do is upload the files to the root (/) meaning when someone goes to www.xtremescion.com they will see the forum.

Did you upload the forum files? Or did someone else? Or was there an installer file?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bfsog
    Welcome wanderlust.

The solution is fairly simple, you (or someone) would have uploaded the forum and its subsequent files to the folder forum.

What you have to do is upload the files to the root (/) meaning when someone goes to www.xtremescion.com they will see the forum.

Did you upload the forum files? Or did someone else? Or was there an installer file?

I uploaded them but someone told me how to...
    so if i wanted to just keep the forum on that page with /forum, and put a front page to it linking the forum, i would have to put it in a root file?

Member #
    You can either upload the forum files to the root (the root of your website is viewed when people visit www.xtremescion.com)

So you can either create a file named index.html which links to your forum and upload that file to your root, or you will have to upload your files to your root folder.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bfsog
    You can either upload the forum files to the root (the root of your website is viewed when people visit www.xtremescion.com)

So you can either create a file named index.html which links to your forum and upload that file to your root, or you will have to upload your files to your root folder.

okay i got the first page up finally...but my flash isnt working on it?

Member #
    Show us the page with the problem? I went to http://www.xtremescion.com/ and I saw a flash movie.

Remove Ads