Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    all i know is that this is the closest i've been to insanity...

someone save me from photoshop on a mac..

here is the problem, i create a file and i need transparency, alpha... and i "save for web" select .png format, transparent then save it and go to view on any browsers and it doesn't match u to the hex color.. its brighter or guess you could say faded somewhat.. i've found other sites that people have had this problem before but they talk about using programs to strip the alpha from it... there has to be a way to save it out of photshop correctly.... anyone have a solution to this?

Member #
    Ack.

This has to do with color profiles... that's unfortunately about all I know. There *may* be an option to disable using color profiles somewhere.

PNG has color profiles built into it, which makes it great for attempting to keep photos the same on all monitors/operating systems, but poor for matching graphics' colors to those used in a web page's CSS colors or .gif images.

Look around for color profiles, in PS options, save dialogs, the Image menu, Help, etc. :-/

HTH
    I am Alan Hogan (@alanhogan on Twitter). I like PHP, UI/UX design, and OS X.

Member #
    Ah.

http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/colors.ht...def-background

Scroll down til you see the discussion of Gamma and PNG.

HTH

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    i found it but still nothing specified about the profiles on mac + adobe photoshop.. had alot of extra info about png though

Member #
    I didn't read all of it, but I get the gist that it's not so much a bug or problem as it is a feature (though obviously you have a problem)... Is that more or less right?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by straight_up
    I didn't read all of it, but I get the gist that it's not so much a bug or problem as it is a feature (though obviously you have a problem)... Is that more or less right?

hah.. yes i have a problem.. but i'm not quite sure yet but i might have gotten working using the correct color profile.. let me test a few more images matching some hex colors.. thanks for the support

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by kade119
    hah.. yes i have a problem.. but i'm not quite sure yet but i might have gotten working using the correct color profile.. let me test a few more images matching some hex colors.. thanks for the support
    Wow! OK please share how you fixed it. I'd long ago assumed it was hopeless!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    ... there's not a damn solution.. effn macs

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Whoops, I must have missed this the first time around. Here's how you can fix this:

The PNG Gamma Dilemma

In short,

Code:
    pngcrush -rem cHRM -rem gAMA -rem iCCP -rem sRGB myImage.png myImage.png
    should take care of it, once you install pngcrush.

There's a version of pngcrush on Darwin Ports. However, this blog post implies that the way to do it on the Mac is using PNGCrusher.

Member #
    Shadowfiend!

I haven't tried that but thank you! Looks like a fantastic tip!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads