Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    what program you guys suggest for creating really clean 3D text to use with photoshop or filters... i save vertigo but its not for ps cs ...

Member #
    You can search on google for Xara3D and that is a program i love, its shareware, which means u will have to pay for the background ad to not be there, but its well worth it... you can optimize the 3D text files u make with that program, into any image file, including screen savers.. So google it. or if i find the direct link i will post in priv to u

Member #
    I think you could use Blender. But actually, while it isn't perfect, you can use Illustrators 3D tools for simple 3D text, then copy and paste it into your Photoshop doc...OR save it and import it in as a smart object.

If you are not well versed in 3D, I would highly suggest sticking with illustrator.

There are some ways to kind of "trick" the text into 3D by using a slight bevel layer style, rasterize the layer, and then duplicate the layer (Ctrl +J). then everytime you duplicate, move it up and over by 1 pixel...then keep repeating that until you have the desired thickness...this may sound weird and would be so much easier to show...learned it from a ps tutorial a long time ago...if I knew where, I would point you to it!

Remove Ads