Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello, I'm new here! I want someone to make me a site design and please make it in photoshop and save it as a gif or png. Oh by the way, my website is called KidWebSafe and it is located at http://www.kidwebsafe.net/
    Thanks!!

Member #
    It's all well and good to make your first post a drive though window demand for someone else's time and effort -- what do you offer in return?

At a minimum study up on making a design brief and learning how to make an articulate request. That at least shows some respect for the forum you're posting on, if not the time and effort of a designer.

Next any company can scrape the least smidgeon of creativity together to offer something in return. That means, not demanding things as if you were a paying client. Certainly not demanding as if you were a client in a rush paying extra.

Instead, offer a designer -- new, aspiring or not -- the best experience working with someone they ever had. Attempt to go out of your way to acknowledge you're asking for a favor. If you're not paying, keep in mind you're not a client, don't act like one.

Finally, learn how to write a thoughtful, business savvy testimonial in return for what you hope to receive. And pretend you value the time and effort of a designer enough to refrain from asking for anything until you can provide value in exchange for value received, even if it's not money.

And no, a dead link to a website that no longer exists is in no way shape or form an opportunity or an asset for one's portfolio. And, if you have insufficient funds to pay, count on that being what you're really offering a designer -- a near term dead link to a site that no longer exists.

Another point, in looking at your HTML markup, you're going to need a full site design, not a png or a jpeg. No designer would allow a link to a site done by whoever coded that page.

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    If you are requesting a service, please post in the Request a Service forum
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Remove Ads