Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi,

Im creating a Cd presentation with flash, and i want to place an icon on the CD that the user can click on to run the CD. I found an image I want to use & when I converted it to an icon (imagename.ico) it didnt look that clear, it was a bit blurry. Ive seen other cd's with small thumbnail icons that look quite clear. Is it possible for me to make a crisp, clear icon. If you want to see the jpg that I want to convert to an icon you can download it at: http://uniteddistributorscanada.hypermart.net/

If some one could show me or point me to a tutorial on how to achive this effect I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    sharpen the image when it is an icon size until you like the way it looks. That's what I do.
    Cheers, zionlocke :chinese:
    Links: Zion Creation | Blog

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Get an icon creating software like IconForge. Import the icon at the resolution that you want (16x16, 32x32, 48x48, etc) - 32x32 is typical CD icon size. Then use the eraser tool to eliminate any anti-aliasing that might have been added for the background and save it as an ICO.

That should do it

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Axilias and Microangelo are two names that come to mind as far as ICON editing/creating/packaging is concerned. Look for them at download.com, a 30 days trial should be enough to let you finish your project.
    There and Back Again :Ogre:

Remove Ads