Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    www.churchinroscoevillage.org
    Ok, so I went through a lot of time and effort designing this website, being hosted on Hostmonster, I designed it using photoshop and image ready. It looks pretty much exactly how I want it to.

Here's my problem!

I can't get the text on it, well maybe I'm just such a newb, but all the text is stored as images which sucks because you can't highlight the text, and it's not readable by any spiders, or any of that, what can I do aside from starting all over and re-uploading every little slice, there are about 22 per page, and about 5 pages, with hostmonster only really allowing 3 simultaneous uploads (they allow more but it takes even longer then) at a time, that is alot of time just uploading replacement images.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

I love the look the site has now, I just want the text to be not an image file and be able to make adjustments without having to completely redesign the site!

Please help this sad newb!

Member #
    Hide the text layer on the slices and resave the ones where you don't want the text to be on the image.

Set the image(s) as backgrounds to your style elements.
    Then type the text over top of the background using your site editor.

-------------------
    Ben
    www.lewiscom.ca

Member #
    Thanks, I already got it but thanks for the reply!

Remove Ads