Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi all. I'm in the middle of designing a site for a friend and I am doing multiple designs for him to pick from. I thought of a great idea for one of the designs. I just need help with one of the graphics I want to create. I have absolutely no idea how to approach this. I don't know how to explain it, but it is going to be a background, like a sidebar. However, it's got a massive curve in it. So it starts at the top of the screen, about one third of the screen accros, and gradually becomes thinner through a curve down the page. I found a web template online that is kind of like the curve I want, except that this one is horizontal and I want mine vertical. It can be found here:
    http://www.templatemonster.com/website-templates/21930.html

I am more of a 'coder' than a graphc designer and I have limited experience in Photoshop. So I was wondering whether any of you guys would be able to point me in the right direction with this?
    Since i'm still in school I don't have the money to buy photoshop so I've only got Paint Shop Pro 7 and 9. But it is similar to Photoshop. I have worked on photoshop. So if someone could please tell me how to do it on Photoshop or preferably Paint Shop Pro, that would be great. I'm guessing though, that the method used in Photoshop would be similar to that in Paint Shop Pro.

Thanks in advance guys.

Member #
    You need to use the pen tool to create a curve. Unfortunately I know nothing about paint shop pro so cannot help. If it has a pen tool look for PSP pen tutorials. I am sure will find something.

I have to ask though. Why are you doing multiple designs? You are wasting your time. Create one design, present it to your friend, tell them why the design is the best. Your friend will get back to you with some constructive comments, go away and make any alterations which are required. get the design signed off. Build the site.

Member #
    Maybe I am wasting my time doing multiple designs, but this is the second design out of only two that I"m going to do. I am designing the second for a few reasons: firstly, I have the time, because I'm a school student; secondly, I think he'll liike this design more; thirdly, i'm prepared to take the time to do this design becasue ever since I've seen a similar design on a website a few years ago, I've wanted to design it myself. So I'm going to do it either for this guy or for a side project. But if it wasn't for a friend, i would only do one design, like you suggested, Jason.

Also, thanks for the info on the graphic. I'll check it out in about a week when my bandwidth is resent - I have gone way over my limit for this month and they are slowing my internet down to a really slow speed!:cry:

Remove Ads