Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi all,

I made a layout for a Game Fansite I am creating and I've always wanted a Automatically Expanding Content Box. I read bunch of tutorials on how to do it and I succeeded doing it (while doing exactly as the tutorial said). All the tutorials were done so that there was just one content box and no other graphics, so it tough me the logic behind it.. I guess?

Well, I made a complete layout and the content box that I wanted to expand as I wrote in it never seemed to work. I got it to expand but all my other slices started to break apart and go wild and jump around after a certain point of writing text (around 20-40 sentences).

I used Photoshop CS to create the layout and slice it and opened it in Dreamweaver 8. I did the stuff I needed to do to make a extended box but it didnt quite work well since the other slices start breaking apart. Also another problem I noticed that IE7 and Firefox showed the broken parts in diffrent places, is this caused because of the 4-5 years old Dreamweaver with outdated info?

This is the layout I created:
    http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/2...versionab9.png

I could also post my PSD if someone could slice it and possibly even code it for educational purposes. I learn better when I see what happened and how it was done. If anyone would be willing to help me with this I'll post it here.

Thanks,
    vattu-

Remove Ads