Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello,
    Being brand new in the field of graphic design, I have a few questions:

1-Is Adobe bridge included in adobe illustrator? I checked some books today at the bookstore about adobe illustrator, and it looks like you need adobe bridge to import photos but it didnt say if that program is included in adobe illustrator...

2-What are the main differences between photoshop and photoshop elements? Does elements include all or majority of photoshop features except the very advanced functions? That is what I figured from the books but I want to get opinion...

3-My budget I can spend right now on a graphics software is about $250 max. What program do you guys recommend to me? All I want is to turn my site into a better, nice looking one, I do not need to do any too fancy animations or anything, though I might want to insert some nice menus or graphics.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ketanco
    Hello,
    Being brand new in the field of graphic design, I have a few questions:

1-Is Adobe bridge included in adobe illustrator? I checked some books today at the bookstore about adobe illustrator, and it looks like you need adobe bridge to import photos but it didnt say if that program is included in adobe illustrator...

2-What are the main differences between photoshop and photoshop elements? Does elements include all or majority of photoshop features except the very advanced functions? That is what I figured from the books but I want to get opinion...

3-My budget I can spend right now on a graphics software is about $250 max. What program do you guys recommend to me? All I want is to turn my site into a better, nice looking one, I do not need to do any too fancy animations or anything, though I might want to insert some nice menus or graphics.
    If you happen to be a student, you can get software for cheap from a couple of places. http://www.journeyed.com/home.asp?sSrcCode=CJ2001 or http://www.uscollegebuy.com/s.htm are two that I know of. If you aren't a student, then I would recommend Photoshop for your needs. But it is $699 for CS4...
    I am not familiar with anything else that is even close to comparable with Photoshop. Just did a search, and Corel Paint Shop Pro looks like it is in your price range, but someone else will have to tell you whether it is good or not. About.com says it is the closest competitor to Adobe, so....
    Semantic, Valid, and Accessible Design!

Member #
    In answer to your first question, you don't need Adobe bridge to import photos into Illustrator, but Illustrator is not suitable for photo editing anyway.

Remove Ads