Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi!

I want to print a large format pano print for my folks. The size is 1050mm x 390mm so its not a normal format.

ok few questions about it..

A: where do i get it printed? I have been quoted about $100 and dont want to play with bad printers for this price
    B: will the 10mp pic be enough to sustain the quality?
    C: What program do people use to minimise loss when enlarging?

Thanks in advance!

Member #
    I have no idea about cost or quality, but I have 1 affiliate on the ouch mall you might wanna check out called giclee printing

Member #
    Hi Jemes

10mp will give reasonable but not good results, a lot depends on the nature of the image, if it has lots of fine detail like a pic of a motorcycle say, then much of the detail will be lost. If, however it is a photograph of a sunset, then 10mp would be fine. Also the distance it which it will be viewed is very relevant.
    Although there are programs which claim to enlarge bitmap images and maintain or even improve the quality, the fact is that detail which is not there to begin with cannot be created. I use Photoshop with bicubic resampling for the best results. Also careful sharpening using unsharp mask can improve the look of the image.
    If you are based in the UK I would print this for you for £30.00 + delivery and VAT, this is for a print on 200 gsm gloss art paper.
    Hope this helps!

Member #
    In my 15 years of dealing with printers I would highly recommend making sure your image is as large as you can make it before giving it to the printers. The best software for enlarging images is called ďGenuine FractalsĒ. Itís much better than the Bicubic smooth option that you would use in Photoshop for resizing.

Iíve enlarged 10mp images to astronomical sizes using this software with no quality loss. Check out this link: http://www.ononesoftware.com/detail.php?prodLine_id=7

I canít help with the printers unfortunately, Iím in the UK.

Bye!

Remove Ads