Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey guys and gals I am back and I hope you are all doing well and everything is going OK. The reason I havent been around is that its been going OK for me but I am at a weird point, upto now I have been creating pretty much standardized websites. But an artist came to me and said he wanted me to design for him. I created a draft and it was rejected so I asked him to sit with me for around four hours and this is what he created. I dont like it but this is what he wants.

How do I slice this and present it guys, I am finding this very hard because of the yellow surround.

Please help!!!

Alan

P.S This is the link to the image.

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/7436/johnpooleyk.jpg

Member #
    Rather than slicing, it would probably be better to save the different layers as separate images.

i.e. save to plain yellow background then save the the red part as a transparent png image and so on..

Member #
    There is really no reason to slice that page up. Just remove all the links and save the whole image as a table background. Then over that background place the individual links in their appropriate positions. It will still load the same, because slicing uses the same amount of total image size. This is the smart way to do it. You won't even need transparent buttons, because the pixelated red background can be used behind the links. Just make them jpeg's, and it will still appear seamless.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Hmm... well, you could go really old school and use an image map.

If this is your layout, I would suggest making a seamless tile of that yellow pattern, maybe 100x100px and apply it as a repeating pattern.

Then take your red shape and all the artwork and design on it and make it a PNG with transparency.

And code an image map for the links.
    My name is Chris Grayson. You can visit my website at: Art Director Or read my blog at: GigantiCo
    As an Art Director and Website Designer, I use many online portfolio communities, including:
    Chris Grayson at Coroflot Chris Grayson at Krop Chris Grayson at Behance
    I also invite you to follow me on Twitter

Remove Ads