Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Hello.

I am a web designer and I was wondering if there are any specific settings for graphics in Photoshop (CS4 is what I use) that enhance web design? I currently have the settings it came with, but was wondering if there is anything I can do to enhance color, or visual, or anything of the sort.

Thanks in advance!

-Aaron

Member #
    Set User Obliviousness to 10.

Set Self absorbed creativity for the sake of creativity to 10.

Then move the sliders, respectively, to ....

Visual Merchandising : 0

Infographics: 0

Persona Design: 0

Interaction Design: 0

Interface Decoration: 11 (automatically adjusts Interface Design to -1 so you're safe there)

Stock Photography Cliché: 10 (However this is set by default)

Uninspired Web 2.0 Cliché: 10 (I suspect there is a hack to set this to at least 50)

You now have everything you need for web design. You may want to familiarize yourself with the Make Web 2.0 Logo menu command. Can't say as I've discovered that one, but it must be there.

Member #
    lol - brilliant!!

If you have Adobe Photoshop CS4 don't use it. If you are doing 'corporate' based work use Fireworks CS4.
    Christopher Carvache
    Web Developer / SEO
    Northeast Web Design
    +1.860.906.7802

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    funny, but a little rude.

best thing to do is learn shortcuts if you ask me.
    this lets you experiment a lot more considering you work faster
    and just makes you more efficient overall

Member #
    One thing you can do is to purchase one of the new LCD screens that have the 178 degree angle both on horizontal and vertical. These monitors also have some build in calibration to show colors most accurately. They are considered professional graphics grade.
    I am really bummed that we as users have been duped in purchasing LCDs that don't have new technology to be viewed from various angles. Another round of end users that will have to buy new flat screens for their office.
    Rich

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Sorry but DC's post is dead on. First, the guy says he's a web designer, second, he wants to know how to alter the settings in PS to enhance web design. I wish there were some settings to enhance content and functionality, now there's a market.

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Ok guys, that's enough. Let's stick to the topic
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    So...if youre a programmer and ask for a way to make your programming more efficient your not a programmer?

hes just looking for tips i guess, or certain settings that may help him get the most out of photoshop, i dont think hes asking

"how do i design sites" xD

Member #
    It's entirely understandable, and okay, to ask if there aren't certain settings for PhotoShop when you're doing web design.

Color depth and Jpeg compression and files size for one. Not as much an issue today with high end graphics cards and broadband standard, but worth a nod.

Heck, many PhotoShop junkies have never heard of monitor calibration which used to be a standard for graphic designers (way back when).

It should also be mentioned that yoiu can know everything there is to know about PhotoShop and know very little about web design. This gravitation to the most shallow of the superficial is not an occasional thing, and so bears mention.

So I mentioned this certain predisposition. Asking about it doesn't automatically make you not a designer. There's no secret clique or exclusion going on.

Using a phrase like enhancing design, you probably want to look outside PhotoShop. Because PhotoShop, like programming, makes for a good tool for design. But when your only tool is a hammer, everything looks like a nail. A little lame for carpentry or architecture, but dead on for web design.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Sorry, didn't mean to pile on. I think the problem is that his question was pretty broad. In fact I don't think anyone really understands the question.

Aaron if your still around we need a more precise question to help you out. We get so many questions that could take half a book to answer and it just gets a little frustrating.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads