Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello I'm a web developer and was wondering how I can go about recreating the background in this website:
    http://osc.template-help.com/wt_25321/index.html
    I have my own background pattern, colors and photos that I would like to incorporate into the background. Does anyone know how to recreate this effect? I have a collage of photos that I'm trying to add into the background but it just doesn't look right.
    thanks,
    Tre

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    It looks fairly straight-forward. It just looks like some brush work with a canvas texture filter applied to it.

Member #
    Thanks for your resonse alligatortek. If I were to add my own photos, colors and background pattern what are the steps I would need to make it look like the given example. I want the photos ,I have, to blend in with the background almost in a duotone way but haven't been able to figure it out.
    Any advice or if you could point me in the way of some good tutorials would be great.
    thanks again,
    Tre

Member #
    I think you can create a similar effect on a web page by fixing semi-transparent background images to different sides of the browser viewport and also at different horizontal percentage positions.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Sorry, I don't fully understand what you're asking for. Are you looking to do a photo collage, or something to that effect? And are you using this as a website background, or as thumbnails for an album of sorts? I'm asking because I would approach it different ways depending on what I wanted to achieve.

Member #
    I have a backround pattern, a few photos and a color palatte that I want to use in my background for a website that I'm creating. I would like to incorporate all three of these in the same manner that the background image on this site was created: http://osc.template-help.com/wt_25321/index.html
    If you look at the background on this page you'll see that there are images blended into the background.
    I experimented with converting the background and photos to duotone using the color palatte and layer modes like luminosity and overlay but nothing seems to look right.
    thanks again,
    Tre

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    You can try this tutorial:

http://photoshoptutorials.ws/photosh...ro-colors.html

but instead of red and green, you can use colors that better suite your palette. I think the key to this effect is to use vibrant, over exaggerated colors. so for the color palette in the example site that you gave, you may want to try it with orange and blue. Then you would just have to adjust the levels to get the images where you want them. There's no cut and dry solution to photo editing. You really just have to familiarize yourself with the tools and use them to get the desired effect.

When I have some down time, I like to run through different tutorials for different effects. I may not ever use said effects, but I often get some insight into lesser known tools that are available in photoshop. I can then adapt this new found knowledge of the tools to get new effects that I desire.

Just make sure to work on copies of the images rather than originals, in case you mess up and have to start over.

Member #
    look up some photoshop tutorials. lots of good blogs out there showing you how to do different techniques

Member #
    i'm quite sure that the brush work. you can create your own brush style
    then add filter-Artistic-Underpainting

Remove Ads