Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Good Day,

Im a rookie that created a CD presentation with Swish (its just like flash) and added some images of my work from print & web that Ive created. I noticed when I played the CD on a 800x600 rez screen the images seem clear & when I play the CD-ROM on a 1024x768 rez monitor some of the pictures look slighty distorted & gritty (especially some of the text).
    The images are converted/exported from thier original formats: CorelDraw (business card), Photoshop (Label), FrontPage (website) into jpg format & inserted into Swish. Is there a tutorial that will help me get around this image distortion on CD-ROM situation. Ive played other CD-ROM's on my computer and thier images seem clear.

Thanks for the help

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Well your problem is that you converted the Corel files to JPGs. JPGs get artifacted as a part of the compression process. Even worse, Flash then applies another JPG compression on top of the first one when it exports, meaning you get double-artifacting (exponential quality decay).

The best way to get around this is to export the file as a SWF, DXF, or any other file type that can be imported as a vector graphic into swish. Then you will have 0% decay and the resulting flash movie that you make will also be smaller in file size !!

Remove Ads