Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey all, just hoping u can all lend me your wisdom one more time. Alright i agreed to revamp one of my mums friends websites for her as a favour to my mum (dumb idea i know) and to pretty much sum it up ive bitten off more then i can chew. Being as it had been a lonnnggg time since ive done anything web related i thought i would take the photoshop approach, slice up the image and once its done convert it to html/css but this is where the problem comes in i need some guidance in how to go about slicing up this page. Ive attched my mockup template below - please help
    Interlaced
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Based on the simple layout provided you should be able to achieve the same effects with CSS. Which I would highly recommend as it would be much easier and the website will load much quicker. (you may have to do a few tricks though to get the exact shadows/gradients in ie).

Member #
    what I see from your layout are shadows and gradients... But the thing that you need to settle first is if you want the height of your container to be fixed or extends depending on the content?

I would suggest the later to have more dynamics on the site...

you can slice the top and bottom part of the container.
    also slice a part of the middle and repeat its y-axis.

this will repeat the gradient and the shadow depending on the content inside.

the gradient background could be achieve by slicing a thin part of the gradient vertically and repeat its x axis. also set the background of your body to the color on the bottom of your gradient so if the container of your websites content expands its height the effect of the gradient will seem to be continuous.

Remove Ads