Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Im creating a CD presentation in Swish (its like Flash) & my CD contains a few documents that can be downloaded from the CD. I'm using batch files to accomplish this, but when the batch file is run, a small DOS box appears briefly. I then read this solution:

Bat file without DOS box:
    This can be 'fixed' by right-clicking on the BAT file, go to properties... and in the Program tab, make sure "Close on Exit" is checked.

Im still confused though, Im running WinXP & when I navigate to the file: explorer/myfile & right click, I only get a properties box with general & compatibilty tabs & no program tab, & niether have a "Close on Exit" check box. Does anyone know if I'm opening the batch file improperly or is there some other way in WinXP to get to the "Close on Exit" check box.

Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    All that will do is make the box close when the batch file is done running. I don't believe there's anything you can do to stop it from showing in the first place without using a full-blown language like C++ or Visual Basic.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Try creating a short cut to the batch file, then edit it's properties. There should be an option to run minimized--that's the least obtrusive you can make it.
    James H
    Home Page · Mars Page · www.fihsf1.net (formerly www·fihs·net)

Remove Ads