Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I've been messing around in Photoshop to create a 1x1 semi-transparent image to use as a background on parts of my website. It has been successful to a degree. The transparency works in Firefox and Chrome, but fails miserably in IE, where the background is completely opaque. I think there's something I must not be doing right in PS. All I did was set the opacity on the layer to 30%. Should I be doing something more?

Member #
    SOLVED!
    Adding a doctype tag in the source code somehow fixed it.

Member #
    Im not having the same problem as you my transparency is working but I get a weird pixelated white halo around the edge of my image. Is there a property I forgot to tick or something when I exported my image?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by danielM View Post
    Im not having the same problem as you my transparency is working but I get a weird pixelated white halo around the edge of my image. Is there a property I forgot to tick or something when I exported my image?
    I think it has something to do with making it 1x1. I heard IE has problems with that, so I made it 10x10 and it works great.

Remove Ads