Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    I am thinking about purchasing CS5, whats the difference between CS4 and upgrading to CS5 for web designers?

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Bought CS4 as a student (yay discount!), but unfortunately too much time has elapsed for me to afford the upgrade. I wish Adobe would price upgrades without have time limits on them.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    There are a few changes from what I have seen.

Extraordinary painting effects

Achieve natural and realistic painting effects with the Mixer Brush, which offers on-canvas color blending, and Bristle Tips, which let you create lifelike, textured brush strokes.

Content-Aware Fill

Remove any image detail or object and watch as Content-Aware Fill magically fills in the space left behind. This breakthrough technology matches lighting, tone, and noise so it looks as if the removed content never existed.

Puppet Wrap

Precisely warp or stretch graphics, text, or image elements to create unique new looks for your designs.

Complex selections made easy

Select specific areas within an image in fewer clicks. Easily select intricate image elements, such as hair; eliminate background color around selection edges; and automatically vary selection edges and perfect masks using new refinement tools.

Automatic lens correction

Save time with automatic correction of lens distortions, chromatic aberration, and vignetting. Photoshop CS5 uses an image file's EXIF data to make precise adjustments based on the type of camera and lens you used.

New GPU-accelerated features

Take advantage of GPU-enabled enhancements to everyday tools. Crop with the Rule of Thirds grid; zoom with click-and-scrub functionality; and sample colors with better visualization and the onscreen color picker.

Easier UI management

Use the collapsible Workspace Switcher to quickly navigate and choose among favorite UI configurations. Live workspaces automatically record your UI changes so panels will remain in place even if you switch away for a while.

Those are the majority of the new things all the other stuff is just minor enhancements to existing features.

I have CS5 but i am also new to adobe products but i am enjoying cs5 a lot. Everything that i have needed for my web-design and more it has been able to do.

what's new in Photoshop | Adobe Photoshop CS5

if you want to look into it more

Member #
    I would buy it for the Content Aware feature alone! Its incredible. Definitely worth the money in my opinion!

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    CS4 also has 3D capabilities. Please stop posting nonsense.

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I use CS5, But before I created design using CS 4. I prefer the 5th version, because it gives more opportunities for professional design

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMare, post: 207238
    CS4 also has 3D capabilities. Please stop posting nonsense.
    Sorry about that but check this out
    http://www.adobe.com/products/photos...ing-guide.html

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Yeah - not worth 200 bucks to me to upgrade. Most of those features look like they would be more for photographers.

Member #
    i recently got cs5 after having an older version of photoshop and its great, although it does have its draw backs regarding the creation of rollovers and image rollovers etc

Member #
    which version better cs4 or cs5 ?????
    help ne1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads