Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    I want to learn photoshop for some projects. My sites are outdated and use tables( I'm old). How would i learn photoshop? I don't need links to tutorials or w.e. All i need is a layout to learn it. Like were should i start? Thank you.;-)

Member #
    Well the best way for you to start is by learning all well must of the commonly use tools in photo shop and how they work and what effects they can do. Then from there you can use what you have learn from the tools and try to design a simple effect like a blur effect or gradient effect, I have been learning photo shop and flash for 4 years now and the easiest was photo shop very simple and easy to understand.

Banned
    Member #
    Get an idea of something you want to create and then find tutorials for that type of project. Go through each tutorial, then you will start becoming familiar with PS and its tools.

Member #
    Practice makes perfect. Cliche, but true. I have been working with photoshop for almost 5 years now, and I know it like the back of my hand. The way I got going, was I applied my graphics to something. Like, I had a myspace layout website a long time ago when those were popular, so my graphics that I made were put to use. This created a different feel for making graphics in photoshop. Ya know?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by muffinrecon View Post
    I want to learn photoshop for some projects. My sites are outdated and use tables( I'm old). How would i learn photoshop? I don't need links to tutorials or w.e. All i need is a layout to learn it. Like were should i start? Thank you.;-)
    Photoshop in specific, and other design programs in general require you to constantly practice with, so forget about tutorials and definitely forget about books. Just download the program and start testing every tool there and see what it does, after you become at an intermedite level, you can search for advanced tools and tricks on the web.

Member #
    I would personally advise watching all of the tutorials that are on the Adobe website as they provide you with all of the basics to get started doing anything that you want.

Member #
    i would suggest checking out youtube and mybe finding some action sripts to download, this will help because that is how i first learnt when i started out.action sripts do come in handy as they are the recorded action of an effect being done on a photo so all you do is load the photo run a script that adds a wooden frame for example and in a few seconds the photo is modified.

Member #
    Adobe Photoshop Classroom In A Book

I learned from a book that taught me the basics. It IS overwhelming to try to figure out where to begin with net tutorials and such. It was just a simple book that taught me how to use all of the tools at their basic level. Then it is up to your creativity to flesh it all out from there. Book was called "Adobe Photoshop (Version Number) Classroom in a Book"

Member #
    The best way to learn on photoshop is study other sites see other people make them and go to photoshop and make a template and then save it into a HTML & Image only file. Then if you have Dreamworks turn that idea into a webpage

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by deanographics, post: 195306
    Adobe Photoshop Classroom In A Book

I learned from a book that taught me the basics. It IS overwhelming to try to figure out where to begin with net tutorials and such. It was just a simple book that taught me how to use all of the tools at their basic level. Then it is up to your creativity to flesh it all out from there. Book was called "Adobe Photoshop (Version Number) Classroom in a Book"
    Yes - that's the book we had in College and it really does cover the basics, and gives you practice with all the tools and a look at what they can do. Once you have gone through the book exercise by exercise, you'll have a good solid base and you can start looking for good online tutorials - there are some pretty decent ones on Youtube, actually.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads