Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Im working on doing a freelance company with a good crew of people i know. However id like to make everything as easy as possible. So my question is, are there good aids for the design process. I have more years than anyone else in design so i have chosen this role. Also, I have planned to pickup Fireworks really soon since i heard the migration from PSD to HTML/CSS can be done here. Im trying to make my Photoshop designs as close to as what the client has written off on, since some of my buddies just prefer the backend (scripting). I have run across the Designers toolbox

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Are you talking about actually converting a PSD file to CSS/HTML?

If so, the best aid I can think of is the simplest. Give yourself a template HTML file to work with containing nothing but references to default CSS styles (some people have started calling them "resets" recently, but I'm not a fan of the term myself) and the minimum HTML required to create a blank page. Then fill in your body from there.

I can't speak for others, but I can do most layouts from a PSD to HTML with just the slices in less than 2 hours. My personal record is 9 minutes.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    no im trying to aid in the slicing or coding of the site. Example is when you design for a form, and you default the form input boxes they can be a different size.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    * scratches head *

Wouldn't the "reset" idea above accomplish that? Or am I missing something?
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 204734
    * scratches head *

Wouldn't the "reset" idea above accomplish that? Or am I missing something?
    a little, but i dont like the word reset either, lol

also reset wont work since i dont, nor do i ever try to design the a site twice, so reset wont work unless i always do margin and padding to 0

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Example is when you design for a form, and you default the form input boxes they can be a different size.
    OK... really scratching my head here... as the forms have nothing to do with the image , slicing, ???

You can control the size of the form elements "visually" using CSS ... set any other attributes on each element.... "max size"... "required"... etc... but css will make them all display in the browser the same?

confused...

Yes, Fireworks can open and slice up PSD images... and output them to HTML... perhaps the NEW version will create a CSS stylesheets... Never likeed it for that purpose... as the code it output was very large on slicing and creating HTML templates... javascript it created was atrocious... worked.. but a real pain to work with

Remove Ads