Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    hello my photoshop / dreamweaver experts!

I am in the process of creating a squeeze page.

I am creating the site in photoshop.
    slicing the header, background image, content area and footer.
    importing it into dreamweaver
    and taking it from there.

now everything goes fine until after i imprt it into dreamweaver.

you see, i have to delete the original content image and replace it with the same image in the background that way i can write text over it.

but once i do that, for some reason the content area does not seamlessly connect with the header image anymore, but it connects with the footer perfectly.

so what am i doing wrong? is there a better way to do this?

**i know i can write all of my text within photoshop then i wouldnt have to slice at all. but that would make the image size larger . so i would prefer to write all of my text from within dreamweaver. **

P>S> if someone is kind enough i could send you the image files, and you could put it together. that way i could study your structure to see what you did and what i was doing wrong!

HTML Code:
    http://roastsession.com/test1/index.html
    thats the test page

here is an explanation of my slices.

please, tell me what im doing wrong. or is there a different much easier way to go about this???
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pronoob85, post: 207021
    hello my photoshop / dreamweaver experts!

I am in the process of creating a squeeze page.

I am creating the site in photoshop.
    slicing the header, background image, content area and footer.
    importing it into dreamweaver
    and taking it from there.

now everything goes fine until after i imprt it into dreamweaver.
    I'm not surprised - I am going to venture a guess here - you are doing this in design view in DW, right? Nothing further from a WYSIWYG than DW - nothing ever lines up in design view the way it will in the live site.
    **i know i can write all of my text within photoshop then i wouldnt have to slice at all. but that would make the image size larger . so i would prefer to write all of my text from within dreamweaver. **
    Text as image is a very very bad idea - sucks for SEO, and if this is actually a squeeze page you're gonna need good SEO.

P>S> if someone is kind enough i could send you the image files, and you could put it together. that way i could study your structure to see what you did and what i was doing wrong!
    I don't think you'll find anyone here gullible enough to do your work for you. We'll gladly help you figure out how to do it yourself, but none of us work for free.

please, tell me what im doing wrong. or is there a different much easier way to go about this???
    Yes - you don't know what you're doing, you're relying on software to do the job for you.
    Software is a tool, but like any tool, if you don't know how to use it properly you will have a poor result (like the amateur carpenter and his new chopsaw - "I keep cutting it and cutting it, and it's still too short!")

My best advice to you is to start at the beginning - learn HTML and CSS, use a good code editor like Notepad++(free download) instead of code-bloating Dreamweaver, and most of all, be prepared to actually work at this. Although from the title of your page it would seem your ambition is to be another internet marketing scammer "turning dreams into reality"...
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    OK - I just read your post in New Members - it explains a lot. You're an affiliate marketer who resents the budget for design going to someone who actually knows what they are doing, so you decided to do it yourself - after all, how hard could it be, right?
    Good web design takes time, training, and effort - Photoshop and Dreamweaver will not do it for you.

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    @alpha... no i am not an internet marketing scammer. i actually have done nothing but gave away ebooks teaching guitar strums and the like and sold guitar products via ebay and amazon. i do retain a database of email addresses in order to communicate with people who really want to learn how to play the guitar.
    but since i have been doing this full time and i have made a living out of guitar sales for the past 5 years i figured i would package my business plan and marketing ideas and sale them to people who also want to learn how to make a living online. im no scammer or else getting people to create sales pages for me would be no problem. im trying to learn this because my ebay and amazon sales make me just enough to be comfortable and manage my bills.. ut with two kids, paying for school, and a girlfriend.. a second income stream could never hurt.

again @ alphamare. yes good coding does take time but just like any other actual business ..."i know my place". and i know my role. im not here to be a coder, programmer or desginer. but i would like some no how so that i can do some simple tasks such as creating a small one page website. my area of expertise is selling guitar compositions online. thats what i know thats what i have mastered. it is not my desire to master html, css, or anything similar. but it is some very great knowledge to have and it is extremelly fun to mess around with.
    i dont knock you for knowing web design... thats awesome. thats why i came here for your expertise. because i would expect that a forum such as this would understand that not everybody is a master at web design. just like i know without a shadow of a doubt that you arent a master at selling guitar compositions on ebay and amazon.

so thanks for your input but i think if this site needed people to hear insults they would have just made an insult and stupidity section for the forum...

thanks but no thanks...that post wasnt really helpful!

Member #
    also aplha.... no i am not trying to get anybody to do work for me for free. i am sure whatever im doing wrong is probably a 5-10 minute fix tops (to somebody who knows what he or she is doing). i have asked for similar help before on the warrior forum and they jumped out of their seats to lend a helping hand. ive done all of the hard work. im just a a small road block thats still too large for me to hurdle. i could really use some help thats all. and i figured if someone gave me the right thing. i could model it and reverse engineer it to see the correct way to do things.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    My advice and opinion stand.

If you want to do this correctly, lay out your page in HTML using divs with id's, and make a stylesheet (CSS) to position and style them.
    You can put your images into the stylesheet so they are background and then your text will show on top of them.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I'll level with you, pronoob85...I think you asked for this, because I think that like a lot of "Internet Marketers" you're completely full of crap.

From the looks of your page header ("True Lies of Internet Marketing"), you're about to promote something that has been promoted a million times before and will be promoted a million times after...thin air promises. "I make millions of dollars on the Internet, and I'll show you how for $19.95." If you are in the design/development industry and you've managed to last longer than about 6 months, you've seen this. People like Mare and myself have seen it over and over and over again, and after a while it grows nauseating.

Why?

Because this crap is sold to people who want to believe that it can happen to them and refuse to accept the stark reality that building a successful business online is not a get-rich-quick process and follows the same basic principles as building an offline business. No amount of forked-tongue promises, slick sales pitches, or BS designed to baffle brains is ever going to change that. The only thing jumping on the get-rich-quick bandwagon does is it makes you a mark. That's why all the other Forum Warriors (I know the name of the forum, by the way) are so willing to "help" you...they're marks too, and they're looking for other marks to try and bail them out of whatever stupid Internet marketing idea they signed up for.

Of course, the outsiders are never permitted to question the Internet marketing insiders. That automatically gives them the right to respond in an indignant fashion. The outsiders don't get it. Our friends at Warrior Forum do. Or Digital Point. Or eWealth. Or Tycoon-Talk (talk about a good set of forums gone bad). They'll agree with whatever I say as long as I make sure to use all the same buzzwords that they're using, and hopefully none of these guys sell me up the river for a quarter before I can do it to them first.

"The money is rolling in."
    "I love Social Media."
    "(Insert self-anointed expert here) really knows what he's talking about." Side note to the women: it's a credit to your gender that none of you ever seem to start these scams.
    "I love this eBook that I've never read, and it's only $9.95, so click my ClickBank URL at ..."

Here's a example (NSFW...contains offensive language) of the type of people that run these things. This guy actually managed to grab documents related to a business run by one of the biggest scammers going. I don't know if they're true or not, but this has been up for over a year now and no one's ever sued the guy or made him take it down, so I tend to believe that this is true.

Now...if you want help, and you're serious about it, come back to us with something legitimate. If you sell guitars, build a guitar site and start asking us about that. We'll help you if you're serious and you're not trying to screw someone over. Even if you have a blog site about guitars with original content that you wrote and you sell guitars via affiliate programs down the sidebar or something, that's okay too, because at least you're providing something useful to the public and anyone who does that has earned the right to make money off of their site. We will gladly help you if that's the case.

But if you're going to promote Warrior Forum/Digital Point style crap, and I think that's the angle you're probably going to take...don't bother. There are too many members here that are way too smart to fall for it or help you out.
    AlphaMare likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    very cute.....

being that i dont teach or discuss any bs strategy that you read when you get the so called "guru" ebooks and/or videos.

theres been a few things that have worked for me. and these are the things i believe have led to business success over the past few years.

networking and building great relationships
    writing a solid marketing plan
    brand positioning
    always over delivering
    aligning my name with only high quality products (guitars, guitar vendors, guitar techniques)
    and great customer service.

now i dont see how going into detail about any of those things are scammy or spammy.
    a matter of fact being that i am going to school for business (im in my 20's). each and everyone of those topics are normal expected business practices. that will always increase your chance of success. whether it be a brick and mortar business or an online business like in my case.

i also run a marketing vlog. that has absolutely nothing to do with internet marketing or affiliate marketing what so ever. i make 8 - 14 minute videos discussing subjects such as

the 4 (sometimes 5) P's
    targeting
    market segmentation
    consumer behavior
    psychology marketing
    mass customization

these are all solid business/marketing ethics. that once again, have nothing to do with spamming or scamming. the reason behind the title "true lies of internet marketing" is because i wanted to write about my topics and then expose how the stuff those scam artists write about is just bs.

ive fed into the bs and bought ebooks telling me to do seo, ppc, etc,etc. and it said ill become rich just by doing that crap. over $3500 spent, no success and lots of wasted time i learned a strategy that worked for me. and funny enough it was through using strategies i picked up at ohio state U.

so anyway i dont know what has this forums panties in a bunch but maybe if you guys werent so busy bashing you could actually take time to see the good when it crosses you.

***for the record somebody on another forum did end up not only helping me but showing what i did wrong and the steps he took to correct it. turns out he owns a "LEGIT" dropshipping business of musical instruments of all kinds.... i only deal with guitars. a business partnership has been discussed and there will be money made. no scams. no spam.

god doesn't like ugly and rewards the good.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    i also run a marketing vlog. that has absolutely nothing to do with internet marketing or affiliate marketing what so ever.
    so i work online as an affiliate marketer.
    So please tell me which of these quotes from your posts is the lie?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    So wait...you learned this stuff at Ohio State University and you're going there now? I don't understand...you're going to pass on what the Buckeyes are teaching you?

I just want some clarity as to what you're saying, that's all. It doesn't quite make sense to me.

But at least you're going to a real school. Nothing like Columbus during a Buckeyes home football game. There's so much red in that place it looks like bloodshot eyes.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads