Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    As Photoshop is a fairly expensive program I've been looking around for a deal and found this site. To me it sounds too good to be true. Adobe Photoshop 7.0 for a mere $60

What do you guys think?

www.cdcheap.net

Andrew

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    It could quite possibly for real. They ship OEMs out of Russia, so they can do it cheap. I used to buy Davidoff Magnum cigarettes out of Russia for $20 / carton (they normally go for $150 / carton in the USA... if you can even find them) up until I quit smoking.

The bottom line is that even if this is for real, it's still highly illegal. If you're gonna do this, then you might as well get ripped versions off the net. You're still breaking the law, because you're purchasing OEM versions (only legal for resale with a PC) from Russia (US destination merchandise is always priced higher).

More likely, though, they're burning exact duplicates of the software in Russia and passing it off as OEMs. Remember that the economy there is for **** and they can do just about anything for next-to-nothing.

Member #
    from CDCheap.net's FAQ

How can you sell this software so cheap? It seems to good to be true - is there a catch?
    This software is recognized as a backup software.
    This sounds like they are selling it to you for you to use as a backup to your already purchased copy. The same way people download songs off of kazaa that they already own, but download onto their computer as a backup copy. I could be wrong, but that's my guess.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Note, that you will not be able to register the software with the manufacturer and get their support, but we will do our best to support you any way possible. This includes providing different updates and service packs. However some updates will still be available from manufacturers, in fact most of them.
    This means one thing... RIPPED !!!! Basically, you're getting the Kazaa version, but paying them $60 to burn it onto a CD for you and ship it from Russia

Member #
    Yes, that was what I was guessing too. Just wanted to check. Obviously I'm only going to buy the real thing with the valid licenses and certificates. Otherwise why waste the $60 and just download the software on the net for free.

Andrew

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Of course, WDF doesn't suggest or support illegal installation or use of software. My suggestion to you is that if you plan on using it for learning purposes, look into getting a student version, which is about 1/5th the price with the only limitation that you can't use it to make profit.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Once you go to college or get a friend in there they usually have software for really cheap. I got my windows XP from my friend who got it at his college for only $5. Im not sure if you would have to go to a design college for it but photoshop is pretty common so it might be at a regular college.
    Jason Anderson
    Grommet Designs
    Web / Graphic Design

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    It's not that cheap in college... (I go to a California State University) It's about what transio said.. 1/5... HOWEVER, what a lot of classes let you do is use the school's liscenced version... which is free/nothing at all. Photoshop costs a fortune... thank god my stepdad likes buying software he doesn't use
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    its 100% not real copy because if it was they could sell it on ebay and make much more money

Member #
    i wouldnt buy it from those guys..
    Better to be safe than sorry.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads