Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi everyone. I found this sight by Googling my problem. It took me to this site and I'm hoping someone can help.
    I create book covers using publisher 2007, since these files are for commercial printing they must be CMYK. My problem is, the color changes drastically when I convert to a pdf. I cannot get a blue that remotely resembles the sky, reds turn very dull, as well. Spot colors don't help, they turn just as dull.
    Is there any formula or trick I can use to get the colors I'm wanting.

Thank you so much for any help you can give me.
    Sincerely,
    Amber

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Not sure if publisher color space can be converted to CMYK... haven't used in years...

Since you're using publisher... The assumption is windows... By default .... Windows uses the rgb colorspace... So you're designing and selecting your colors in rgb.. But you export it out to CMYK which IS the standard colorspace for 4 color offset printing.

Ideally... You want to design and do your layouts in CMYK ... Most people making a living a graphics that go to press use something a little higher end for graphics design. Most if not all adobe products can be set to design in the CMYK colorspace...

Perhaps digging around in publishers settings ... You can find some setting to allow you to set that...

Sorry for the vague answer... I use my old copy of photoshop and fireworks... Both have the option to flip back and forth between colorspaces... And use the different color palletes when designing

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber Pickle, post: 213062
    Hi everyone. I found this sight by Googling my problem. It took me to this site and I'm hoping someone can help.
    I create book covers using publisher 2007, since these files are for commercial printing they must be CMYK. My problem is, the color changes drastically when I convert to a pdf. I cannot get a blue that remotely resembles the sky, reds turn very dull, as well. Spot colors don't help, they turn just as dull.
    Is there any formula or trick I can use to get the colors I'm wanting.

Thank you so much for any help you can give me.
    Sincerely,
    Amber
    I have moved your thread from the member Introductions to a more appropriate forum. I chose the Photoshop forum, but if you wish it relocated to another forum, just post and let me know.

I wish I could help you with your problem, but I am not knowledgeable about PDF conversions.
    Hopefully someone with more expertise than I will be able to help you.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Remove Ads