Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi there, I am trying to emulate this website concept: http://www.canyonpartners.com/

We are a real estate investment firm and I just want something clean, powerful, and basic. It really is just a landing page with an investor login.

I have searched and there are a TON of full photo layouts and I know there is a cool way with CSS3 with make a stretch photo but I can't seem to figure out if I should do the whole layout in photoshop or dreamweaver...both?

I am a noob but I am learning!! I am hungry to be better, thanks for any advice

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Photoshop is not very good at creating the source code for a html page or site. Rather the code it writes is bloated, and inefficient. Dreamweaver would be a better tool, but you may want to consider using that sites source code and css rules, just adapt your information and images. You can view the source on virtually any browser by right clicking the page and selecting 'view source'. Of course this will require the ability to read and use the source.

Member #
    hmm, cool idea. simple also...should have thought of that.

another noob question: where could i find it's css rules?

edit: silly, i found it.

Member #
    EDIT: haha, damn, i must be tired. course nothing would show up because the whole css file is pointing to local images on their server.

so i copied and created all files from the website (looks like designer made a custom wordpress theme) but for some reason the website cannot read the css file i made. basically, i copied the html and css and made my own local files. imported them in dreamweaver but when i preview it, the css file is clearly not being accessed. as soon as i switch one line of code in index.html back pointing it their css file online, the website displays perfectly. not sure why it's not displaying...

the css file is named "style.css" and it is stored in the css folder. website/css/style.css

so i am trying to reference it by: <link href="css/style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

any ideas?

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    You could try the methods listed on this site http://css-tricks.com/3458-perfect-f...kground-image/ This will enable you to try out the methods for creating a background image but still build the site layout based on your own code.

Member #
    Liked
    257 times
    Here you go man, This should solve your issue.

First make a high quality 1024x768 background image. keep the res high but not so high that it will take ages to download.

Next replace your body tag code in css. Changing parts of it like background name etc.

Code:
    body {
    	margin:0;
    	padding:0;
    	background: url(../images/bg.jpg) no-repeat center center fixed;
            -webkit-background-size: cover;
            -moz-background-size: cover;
            -o-background-size: cover;
            background-size: cover;
    }
    And Job Done,

Hope this helps