Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    This is a pretty broad post, but I'm having a serious graphic block. Regardless of the countless tutorials, I'm having problems launching off. I'm not a newbie to the programs I use [Photoshop 7 and Paint Shop Pro 7]...I just feel limited. All I'm exposed to is gradients and patterns with a PSD pasted on a exploding tea pot. Not to underestimate anyones graphics...just making a point. I plan on launching a fan site in the near future. Basically, the music artists in very young and ofcourse, on an overall basis attracts young fans. His fans, in general, have just got into the whole graphic thing..and as a whole are newbies. I, with a handful of others, are most likely the fans that are most familiar with graphic and web design. As I think about it, I have never really seen a top quality graphic with this artists on it. It's like I have to start from scratch, where as others, can use a trend and evolve from it. I'm more accustomed to making feminem graphics..so it's really hard to come up with different stuff. Can anyone suggests effects I might use for my graphics? Web Design Forums seems pretty mature, different from the teen communities I'm active in. I know this might seem rather pointless to you, but it's important to me. Your response is appreciated!

I've said all of this to say, please suggest any effects or design that might best suit a celebrity graphic. Thanks a bunch!
    Innocent_Kiss
    *muah*

-Graphic designer...in the making.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Well.. just look for inspiration. I suggest going to www.uzipp.com and looking at their spotlighted page (it changes every refresh) as most of their hosted sites are fan sites. Also look for people's sigs in the forums/etc. I've seen some really nice fan sites from that hosting company.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Thanks for the suggestion. Actually, I was just browsing through and found previous posts I've posted on various forums. I always get the answer, but never try the effect *stupid* lol ..I just need to practice and try some new things out.
    Innocent_Kiss
    *muah*

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    www.good-tutorials.com is a great tutorial site which adds 5 new tutorials to its database a day. Its finally back online so everyday you can see some new stuff not to mention the 1125 tutorials already there for you to look at :P.

Also im not sure how old you are exactly but the average member ( from what it looks like to me ) is from 15-25 years old. Thats not a direct stat but its what im guessing.
    Jason Anderson
    Grommet Designs
    Web / Graphic Design

Member #
    I'm 16
    lol...good guess
    Innocent_Kiss
    *muah*

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Also, of course www.adobestudioexchange.com is invaluble (IMO) I can spend hours there if given the time
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    im 16 too :P

Did you check out that site?
    Jason Anderson
    Grommet Designs
    Web / Graphic Design

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Try taking a simple small picture and pattern it. you'd be amazed at what new patterns and designes you find. what I like todo is with Adobe Photoshop 6 (I know, Im behind the times) just draw a shape or two, then try the different effects, like plastic wrap, and such, even try different combinations then try them again to see what you'll find. I sometimes end up with a great design all by accident, I just play LOL :-P :-D

Member #
    Yeah, playing around with the features help out a lot. Yes, I did check out uzipp..I found it very helpful! Thanks!! *sighs* I haven't really came up with anything I liked yet. Eventually, I'll get it. However, I did come across some simple yet eye catching blends at Urban Innocense. I really like her Christina Blend. It looks like a "blind" effect was applied. Another thing I notice was double borders. I know, simple right? I make my borders my pressing CTRL+A to select the whole image, I right click, and go to stroke 1px. I want to make double borders, but when I tried using the same procedure, it filled the inside of the selection, which is what I don't want it to do. I know I might be explaining it in a complex way lol..just take a look at this button. If someone would be kind and offer a slap in the face and a tip, it would help me tons!
    Innocent_Kiss
    *muah*

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Select all then Edit>Stroke at 1px or whatever then zoom in a bunch and take the box marquee tool and draw out a box thats like 2-however many pixels inside your last 1 then hit Edit>Stroke again
    Jason Anderson
    Grommet Designs
    Web / Graphic Design

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads