Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Hey everyone.

Im wanting to make a few heads up display type images to go on a new website of mine. The website will be a futuristic sci-fi style website.

Here is a link to an image of what I am wanting to create: http://www.antonw.com/portfolio/95/d...ace-design.JPG

As you can see I am wanting to create that sort of interface to go around my columns and content. Please let me know if there are any tutorials out there that may help me

Also, if HUD/GUI is not the correct name for that then let me know what it is called :P

Thanks in advance,

Haydee

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Its really hard to find a good Grunge Game type UI design tutorial without going to a advance GFX forum.

Id suggest studying some templates then draw it up from scratch and figure out what way is best for you to go about it. Or just do some digging on a really good GFX forum.

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    Instead of looking for general tutorials, I suggest you start with the details. For example - instead of searching 'sci-fi graphics tutorial', search 'metal effect tutorial in [insert you program of choice]'.
    My freelancer website: DolidzeDesign

You only need a parachute if you plan on skydiving twice.

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Although this HUD/GUI/UI is highly detailed, it really wouldn't be all that hard to recreate in Photoshop with the use of the selection marquee tools, and the layer effects panels and transform tools. Here's a jpg file you can have your way with Haydee. Didn't take me long to make it so I don't care what you do with it. But hopefully you'll learn something.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    heres a tut that might be helpful, http://www.adobetutorialz.com/articl...Fi-Fantasy-Art

from what i see, that can be re-created using a combination of chisel hard beveled shapes, gradients and pattern (or grunge brush) overlays. imo if your doing an interface like this pay close attention to the lighting, it will really make or break the image.

Also when doing futuristic metal designs, using HQ stock images of concept cars, jet engines and things of that nature can be used really well.

Remove Ads