Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Senior Member Andrew Yurlov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    1,306
    Member #
    27566
    Liked
    181 times
    I'm not sure if this is true but doesn't adobe embed security code snipets to all saved files to catch people who are using pirated adobe products? I'm am currently using a cracked photoshop by a well know white hat hacker and i'm not sure if he removed the security funtion. Reason i'm asking is because me and my friend are about to make the graphics for our social network site that aimed at coders, and were not sure if were safe. If what I think is true about the security then we can be facing a potential law suit if we get caught. Should we play it safe and use a legal version or gimp?

    Thanks, much appreciated.
    Artificial intelligence is nothing compared to natural stupidity -Someone

    Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks.
    But of course, if you dig deeper, itís really how it works.
    -Steve Jobs



  2.  

  3. #2
    WDF Staff George Dolidze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    2,487
    Member #
    27540
    Liked
    416 times
    You should play it safe and not post this on the biggest web design forum on the net.
    Andrew Yurlov and AlphaMare like this.
    My freelancer website: DolidzeDesign



    You only need a parachute if you plan on skydiving twice.

  4. #3
    Senior Member Andrew Yurlov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    1,306
    Member #
    27566
    Liked
    181 times
    Quote Originally Posted by George Dolidze, post: 229122
    You should play it safe and not post this on the biggest web design forum on the net.
    Lol
    Artificial intelligence is nothing compared to natural stupidity -Someone

    Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks.
    But of course, if you dig deeper, itís really how it works.
    -Steve Jobs



  5. #4
    Senior Member Webzarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Carolina Coast
    Posts
    3,322
    Member #
    27709
    Liked
    770 times
    Quote Originally Posted by George Dolidze, post: 229122
    You should play it safe and not post this on the biggest web design forum on the net.
    What he said... Go legal or go home

  6. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Fairfax, CA
    Posts
    2,036
    Member #
    28003
    Liked
    126 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Webzarus, post: 229124
    What he said... Go legal or go home
    No need to "go legal" just don't go posting it here

  7. #6
    Senior Member Andrew Yurlov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    1,306
    Member #
    27566
    Liked
    181 times
    Quote Originally Posted by shovenose, post: 229139
    No need to "go legal" just don't go posting it here
    Lol, lesson learned.
    Artificial intelligence is nothing compared to natural stupidity -Someone

    Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks.
    But of course, if you dig deeper, itís really how it works.
    -Steve Jobs



  8. #7
    WDF Staff AlphaMare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    4,570
    Member #
    20277
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by shovenose, post: 229139
    No need to "go legal" just don't go posting it here
    I disagree - go legal. Using illegal software for a business leaves you open to all kinds of potential problems.

    And it's just the right thing to do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Yurlov, post: 229114
    ... I'm am currently using a cracked photoshop by a well know white hat hacker and i'm not sure if he removed the security funtion. Reason i'm asking is because me and my friend are about to make the graphics for our social network site that aimed at coders, and were not sure if were safe. If what I think is true about the security then we can be facing a potential law suit if we get caught. Should we play it safe and use a legal version or gimp?...
    I've been asked to remove this thread, but I'm inclined to leave it, as a warning, and also because I'm reluctant to protect you. If you are silly enough to openly post that you are using illegal software, you deserve whatever consequences may arise from it. Oh, and if your pal is handing out illegal software? There's no way in this world that he can be called "white hat".
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib


    http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

    If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!


Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

photoshop security code

Click on a term to search for related topics.
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:19 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com