Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    The image itself is fine but as soon as I resize it in Photoshop it goes blurry and poor quality. Any ideas?

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    When I do this I usually always sharpen the images, because most of the time when you shrink an image down from 1044x768 to 80x40 it is not going to be crisp.

Once you make the image smaller go to FILTER > SHARPEN > SHARPEN, you will notice it might be too sharp now, so go to EDIT > FADE SHARPEN and lower to your liking.

I hope this helps.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    This is actually a pretty common issue, I normally take them down in steps, depends on how much is actually on the screen as to how many steps I use to shrink it... If its a pretty basic... I export to about half the size, drop it down to 128 colors if I can. Then drop it half again, drop it to 64 colors.

For screenshots that have every color in the rainbow... I drop the size about 4-5 times... Try reducing the number of colors as i go, but it doesn't always work out that way... Each one is different, so it's usually trial and error.

If you're doing a lot of screen caps of sites, there are some online services that will do thumbnail images of the sites for you, and they are decent. Not great, but decent.

Remove Ads