Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Hi,

Actually PSD contains multiple layers. We use these layer properties and use them in our HTML and CSS. This way layer properties converted into HTML. Layer properties gives all the information about the element, so that it can be used within HTML to create Websites.

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    It will be much better in the long run to learn how to code it yourself. It's actually quite simple. I think most people struggles on the concept of div's at first.
    Artificial intelligence is nothing compared to natural stupidity -Someone

Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks.
    But of course, if you dig deeper, itís really how it works.
    -Steve Jobs

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Quote Originally Posted by trishnikolic, post: 249166
    Hi,

Actually PSD contains multiple layers. We use these layer properties and use them in our HTML and CSS. This way layer properties converted into HTML. Layer properties gives all the information about the element, so that it can be used within HTML to create Websites.
    And all these layers can be done with CSS ... With about 1/10 the code that is generated.

Perhaps one of the new fangled WYSIWYG , slice and dice programs can output valid HTML/CSS code ? But I can almost guarantee it generates hundreds of lines of redundant code.

No, perhaps the client and visitors don't see all this extravagant non-senseless code behind the scenes, but search engines quit trying to read after a certain character count, so yeah, it does matter. I'd rather a search engine actually read my content, instead of trying to determine if the code its reading is content OR code .

That's just me though

Member #
    Use photoshop plugin called SiteGrinder. It is able to convert your psd Template into valid html file. It do everything automatically, even turning text layers into html text.

Member #
    Here is some websites where you can do it online - jadii.com , psdtoweb.de , psd2htmlconverter.com/en .

WordPress news magazine themes
    Last edited by Designern1; Nov 06th, 2014 at 04:48 AM.

Junior Member Acamapichtli_Design's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I'd say only extract what is needed and Dreamweaver or Notepad++ the rest, the reason I say this is that slices can easily bloat server load and page loading times, plus some slicers output text as images, which very very bad for SEO. Most of the effects in photoshop for webpages can be done with CSS3 and/or Javascript.
    Plus you'll have drama if you work on dynamic pages, specifically with CMS software like Wordpress. For those that don't, you'll get badly optimized code often.
    Stick with the traditional route.

Member #
    Eden Web Designs software

Member #
    You don't have set the height. I left that out in my declaration and let the height be automatic while the width conforms to that of its parent

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads