Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Sometimes I became blank when it's turn to choose right color combo sine I'm a beginner and have less experience can any body help me out about this issue actually I have used many online tools like color scheme designer, color combo, adobe kuler n etc etc but none of these give me complete satisfaction that I have got an answer so pls someone help.......

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    All of the above mentioned tools follow some pretty industry standards for color combining and color contrasting, the problem is, they are not design for "one persons" taste, they follow know standards that do look good together. The thing about most of them is they are just suppose to give you ideas, not spit out everything for you.

There is a lot to be said about "white space"... that is not figured into any of these but are "assumed".. some people have an "eye" for design and colors.. Others do not.

What you may not like about certain color selections, others may find appealing. what you like, they may not.

There is not an answer, if you find that you are one of the unfortunate ( there are a lot of people this way ), that cannot choose color combos... find someone who's opinions you trust and use their judgement.

A little known fact, some people are slightly "color blind"... not fully for what would qualify for it... but enough that their color perceptions are far enough off, they cant make color choices no matter how hard they try.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    If you want an idea of what colors look like from the eyes of a color-blind person, download this tool:

http://www.paciellogroup.com/resources/contrastAnalyser

There also used to be one from a company out of Australia that would let you see your screen through the eyes of someone with a cataract, but I can't find it anymore.

Like WZ said, though, there's no universal answer. A lot of the time, the best thing you can do is to set up several different color schemes that may work and test them.
    AlphaMare likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I like to go to Adobe's Kuler site and look at the color combinations other people have come up with. I hope this helps!

Member #
    Choosing the right color scheme is a bit like choosing a partner "beauties in the eye of the beholder" and I think the right color scheme depends on a few basic factors, the type of site, who the sites being marketed to, if your designing for someone else "what does the customer likes & want".

I have noticed a lot of people post the work on this forum to get feedback, I think that's the way to go.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Actually, that's not totally correct...it's "beauty is in the eye of the beer holder."

I don't drink, so naturally I hate everything.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 251231, member: 428
    Actually, that's not totally correct...it's "beauty is in the eye of the beer holder."

I don't drink, so naturally I hate everything.
    Damn it I knew I forgot something.

Remove Ads