Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Should I learn Photoshop to create graphics like these for Facebook posts?

Member #

Should I learn Photoshop to create graphics like these for Facebook posts?

Hi all. I do social media for clients and have always used MS paint and meme generators to create posts to post on Facebook.

But that limits me a lot. So how are Facebook posts like the two examples below created? Would it be PS? Or should I learn another program like Illustrator or ID for it?

Just want to know before I dive into learning a program. Thanks!

http://i.imgur.com/8vAshki.png

imgur: the simple image sharer

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    Yes, you can use photoshop or if you want to go the free rout use GIMP.
    Artificial intelligence is nothing compared to natural stupidity -Someone

Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks.
    But of course, if you dig deeper, itís really how it works.
    -Steve Jobs

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    I agree with Andrew, Gimp is a great FREE alternative to PS and is better than MS paint. You don't need Illustrator unless you are making graphics for larger print canvases.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    You cant really "learn" Photoshop. The whole program is really just a sandbox for image creators. When I first opened it up it was strange; like a whole new UI to image editing but it's really easy when you get the hang of it and very powerful.

My say is yeah, go for it. Learn PS- only downside is the cost.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I think the first image - you can do that kind of effect by paint , but the second image can be created with Photoshop . In my oppinion Photoshop is the best
    graphic design tool you should learn . It is very powerfull application .

Member #
    Definitely PS!

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

Member #
    Liked
    544 times

Should I learn Photoshop to create graphics like these for Facebook posts?

Quote Originally Posted by georgestanley032 View Post
    In my own experience with Photoshop in Facebook, I guess it is very hard to upload the PSD because of how huge the file is, but you may try to reduce it using some features online from PSD to jpeg..or gagarindes is right you can open the file using paint and from there you can convert into jpg.
    You do not upload a .psd file to be viewed as an image. A .psd file is made for photoshop. You can save the file as a jpeg or png from photoshop by going to File>SaveAs and then saving it as such or you can go File>SaveForWeb which will do about the same thing.

To answer the OP question. You use a program like photoshop to manipulate photos and things of that nature. This is a raster based program and you can use it for website images. These images are one size and will begin to pixilate as you make it larger. Illustrator is a vector based program used to create things like logos and things that will be used on a wide range of products and screens. Vector programs use mathematical equations to create curves and lines. Because it does this and does mot use pixels like a raster program these images can be scaled up and down and continue to look great. You should be using the correct software for the job at hand.

With all that said, you may or may not be able to get by with just photoshop. Depends on the situation and what you are trying to accomplish.

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks
    Last edited by Vapr_Arts; May 22nd, 2014 at 02:59 PM.
    flowboat likes this.

Member #
    I generally use Photoshop or CorelDraw to design my Facebook Pages. It helps me a lot to get my job done.

Member #
    Well, as mentioned you can't upload a psd. file so you could design it then turn it into a jpeg. BUT if you know nothing of PS it isn't just 'easy to learn' Ive been a photographer for 14 years, using PS since 2005 and Im still still not a master at it, heck I learn something new about every week, new tricks, new updates they put it, its most deff worth diving into though and trying it out!

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by missy View Post
    Well, as mentioned you can't upload a psd. file so you could design it then turn it into a jpeg. BUT if you know nothing of PS it isn't just 'easy to learn' Ive been a photographer for 14 years, using PS since 2005 and Im still still not a master at it, heck I learn something new about every week, new tricks, new updates they put it, its most deff worth diving into though and trying it out!
    The software will never be mastered in my opinion as its merely a tool to get things done. What you learn is techniques to produce a specific outcome. These techniques are evolving and such everyday. Monday will actually be 10yrs i have used adobe Ps/illy. (Got it from a cousin on my 15th bday and ill be 25 on monday)

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks
    missy likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads