Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Can I own adobe cs master collection permanently when i buy it?

I haven't bought any expensive software before that gives you license to it such as Sony Vegas Pro, Adobe CS or anything else.

my question is,

if i buy the software (Adobe CS6 Master Collection-$990) and get the CD for it and install it on my computer with the license number, does it stay permanently?

what happens if my computer breaks? then did i just lose my program, or can I download it free on a different computer using the CD and the license number?

in other words, if I have the license number, can I download the software to any computer I want, or is it a use for one time thing?

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewkim9711 View Post
    I haven't bought any expensive software before that gives you license to it such as Sony Vegas Pro, Adobe CS or anything else.

my question is,

if i buy the software (Adobe CS6 Master Collection-$990) and get the CD for it and install it on my computer with the license number, does it stay permanently?

what happens if my computer breaks? then did i just lose my program, or can I download it free on a different computer using the CD and the license number?

in other words, if I have the license number, can I download the software to any computer I want, or is it a use for one time thing?
    I have not bought anything from adobe, i chose to subscribe to their Creative Cloud services. I have however bought a lot of music production software when i ran a recording studio. You can download the software as many times as you like, BUT, recently they have been using USB keys instead of Serial numbers. That means you are required to have the physical usb to use the software. This prevents people from downloading the software and sharing the Serial numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapr_Arts View Post
    I have not bought anything from adobe, i chose to subscribe to their Creative Cloud services. I have however bought a lot of music production software when i ran a recording studio. You can download the software as many times as you like, BUT, recently they have been using USB keys instead of Serial numbers. That means you are required to have the physical usb to use the software. This prevents people from downloading the software and sharing the Serial numbers.

as long as I have the usb, i can download it as much as I want, right?

what happens if I lose the USB?

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewkim9711 View Post
    as long as I have the usb, i can download it as much as I want, right?

what happens if I lose the USB?
    No, that was for my music software. Im not sure if adobe has this type of pirating security in place. So it may or may not be true.

They will have you register your purchase somehow i am sure. So there should always be a way for you to get your software again. You may or may not be able to have it on multiple computers. If your intentions are to share the software you may run into problems. If you are simply worried about losing it and only using it for yourself then you should be safe.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapr_Arts View Post
    No, that was for my music software. Im not sure if adobe has this type of pirating security in place. So it may or may not be true.

They will have you register your purchase somehow i am sure. So there should always be a way for you to get your software again. You may or may not be able to have it on multiple computers. If your intentions are to share the software you may run into problems. If you are simply worried about losing it and only using it for yourself then you should be safe.

yeap i'm simply just trying to use it for my own for my own uses for web designing and graphic designing.

thanks!

Remove Ads