Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TheGAME1264
  • 1 Post By Ronald Roe

Thread: Latest website design concept

Member #
    Liked
    171 times

Latest website design concept

First off, this is only a design concept, one that I made in Photoshop hence why it is in here and not in the "Review my Website" section. See I have learned by others mistakes when asking the community for CnC on a graphic design in the website review section when it isn't coded and there is nothing to CnC. So here it is what do you think?

My idea:
    - I want to code the header image to stay like maybe 60% of the over all screen size so that the slogan/motto intrigues you and then you see just a little taste of information below that will then lead you to scroll down. Then you would see the hot topic buttons like Healthcare, Economy (jobs) and partisanship.

- I am contemplating on whether or not to leave the Header larger on the rest of the pages like for instance the About page where I added an image of Jesse with his child.

Cool Fact:
    - I volunteered on Jesse's campaign for Congress for 4 years, when he ran twice. I went above and beyond just simply designing and maintaining his website. I also designed all of his campaign materials, campaigned on the road with him and went to almost every event and was part of his entourage and photographer, and did so much more. Anyways, he lost both races to Congress for different reasons. But this year he was unanimously choosen to fill a WA State Rep. seat who moved up to Senator. So all of that hard work has paid off, so now he will run for the full term.

Last edited by Fireproofgfx; Feb 11th, 2014 at 10:33 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Looks really good. Nice. For the headers on the other pages, my first instinct would be to make them smaller. Don't want to detract from the actual page content. On the homepage the large header image works well because the actual content on the page is so minimal.

Not too crazy about the map in the footer area so I don't think I would keep that on all pages.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I think you have to keep the header size consistent, if only because it doesn't look like Jesse has a lot to say on each page.

I'd look at adding some green to the blue or at least use lighter shades of blue or blue-grey in place of the grey just to give it some more color.
    Fireproofgfx likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Since he's a Republican, I'm going to say get some red in there. Two reasons for that. First reason, if you're into American politics at all, you'll know that's the party's color. Second, red, white and blue scream patriot...or at least a politician who wants to come off patriotic.

Other than that, second the notion for consistent header sizes.

Sharp layout, clean design. Like it.
    Fireproofgfx likes this.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I thought the Democrats were red and the Republicans were blue. At least that's how it looks like the US maps get laid out that I see whenever elections are run.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    The Democrats and Republicans have switched back and forth with red and blue. Why are Republicans red and Democrats blue? | The Verge with that said you would technically want red white and blue to show patriotism which I sorta agree with that thought, I will see if I can make it work, but I am not 100% sold on it. Why does it have to look like every other red white and blue political website, my clients want to step away from that cookie-cutterism. I am just about done with another republican website that he wanted me to incorporate purple and gold into his overall theme , probably because he went to UW, but it doesn't mean he is any less patriotic lol..

Thanks for your words of wisdom, I really appreciate it. I was leaning toward keeping the header the same as well although knowing and dealing with this campaign manager in the past I know she will probably not like them that big.

Member #
    You can try it out at illustrator for designing header and then using code you can place it in your webpage

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    That new designing concept looks really nice I saw that people making one pager webs now a days not sure how one page covers lots of information

Remove Ads